Suggestion How About a Poetry Club?

Question: *Pismronunciation?

Question: 'Comedy' writing?

Eva Ulian

Nov 16, 2018
Venice - Italy
Because of its rhythmic characteristic, poetry deserves to be heard not just read.

Needless to say, but I will, developing one's inward eye and ear to the sound of poetry has a beneficial impact on one's skills in all fields of writing.

It is with this premise in mind that together with @Peyton Stafford I'd like to invite those Litopians who enjoy listening to a dash of poetry now and then to gather in the Discord's lounge for a poetry session.

In the first instance I thought it would be more convenient for most, to set this meeting an hour after the end of next Saturday's Huddle 3rd February at 8pm U.K. time. The time and frequency of this event is subject to change of course, depending on members' availability.

If you write poetry, bring your poem along and hopefully you will read it out to rest of the group, or get someone else to read it for you.

This meeting is by no means intended to be a critique session, but comments and questions, I'm sure will be appreciated.

Alternatively, if you do not write poetry but enjoy listening to it, bring along one of your favourite poems to read out to us.

Let us know what you think. Thank you. :heart:

Last edited:
There's a rugby game on Saturday at 16.45hrs, Eva. It's Wales V Scotland, so I'll have had a few drinks. by 20.00hrs I'll try and make the next one :)

@Eva Ulian Thank you for recruiting, I mean drafting, me. I will get right on it as soon as I learn to write fiction. Put me down for January of 2034.

Meanwhile, I just want to string together a few thousand words from the Muse. If she sends me a poem, I will let you know.

She seems obsessed with intricate plots and themes of self-discovery, saving the world, and true love. She really likes the true love theme, and I do too.

Nothing more to say except I enjoy our interactions on Litopia and will read whatever you write.

My dear @Peyton Stafford, you'd make a lovely poetry reader for those of us, I for one, who would love you to read out our works. So, May I tell anyone who feels like I do, and would prefer you to read their poem, to send it to you?
P.S. I do enjoy your company, too.

Oh, how sublime
I like a bit of rhyme
Unfortunatly I don't have the time
And that is a small crime.

The upcoming Saturday for me is out
It has nothing to do with me having gout

It has to do with me having been away
So my time-management has gone astray

:D

Enjoy though

Last edited:
Oh, how sublime
I like a bit of rhyme
Unfortunatly I don't have the time
And that is a small crime.

The coming Saturday for me is out
It has nothing to do with me having gout

It has to do with me having been away
So my time management has gone astray

:D

Enjoy though
Love that rhyme... @Barbara. Have you got more? Love to hear them - hope there will be another meeting...

...whose verse was so long he did cut it...

with @Peyton Stafford I'd like to invite those Litopians who enjoy listening to a dash of poetry now and then to gather in the Discord's lounge for a poetry session
This is a wonderful idea. My kids tend to prevent me from attending much in the way of live online sessions but nevertheless, I'm watching this thread with interest.

We'd love to have you there - You have such a lovely voice - I can just imagine what you could do with a poem! Ah... bring your kids, it's quite an informal thing.

Just to let everyone know that the Poetry Club meeting which took place last night became a test session. And as we have not dissolved all the technologies involved we are having further tests before proper meetings begin.
I would very much like, if anyone could connect with me in the Discord lounge for a few moments, to let me know when we could meet up. Thank you.

Question: *Pismronunciation?

Question: 'Comedy' writing?

Back