Fanfare! Why you need an editor: Launch of Final Polish Editorial Services

Book Review: Story Genius by Lisa Cron

hello now with correct prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow Litopians, lend me your ears...

I have set up Final Polish Editorial Services to help authors cross the finish line, to ensure all your hard work is given the best possible chance of success, because we all become word blind to our work.

I'm a long-standing member of Litopia (back to its last iteration in 2009) and have worked with a number of members, helping them get their work in the best shape possible before submitting to agents or self-publishing.

I am a qualified editorial professional and an Intermediate member of the Society for Editors & Proofreaders

As one ex-Litopian client recently wrote: "Shuna copy edited my latest crime thriller. I’m in no doubt that she has massively improved the manuscript with her thoughtful, thorough, and professional changes. I’m stunned by the quality of her comprehensive process, achieved in an impressive turnaround time."

Why not try a no obligation, free sample edit of 1,000 words? That way you can see my style of editing and whether we'd be a good fit. Check out my website for more information: www.copyeditproofreading.com

SPECIAL DISCOUNT for Litopians

You can find me on:
LinkedIn
Find a Proofreader

Oh that's brilliant - everyone needs a professional editor (I used 2 for my new book). I know it costs a bit...ahem...quite a bit...but it really is worth it and I know you'll do a great job. You'll have me as a customer next year when my next book is ready. Never again will I submit to publishers without a professional edit.

Oh that's brilliant - everyone needs a professional editor (I used 2 for my new book). I know it costs a bit...ahem...quite a bit...but it really is worth it and I know you'll do a great job. You'll have me as a customer next year when my next book is ready. Never again will I submit to publishers without a professional edit.

Sue, how right you are! Thank you so much for your support.

Having a professional edit is worth its weight in gold. It isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for... those of us who have studied, taken accredited courses and invested in our professional development know our value. It's only when an author uses our services for the first time that they realise that.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll be delighted to help!

Sue, how right you are! Thank you so much for your support.

Having a professional edit is worth its weight in gold. It isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for... those of us who have studied, taken accredited courses and invested in our professional development know our value. It's only when an author uses our services for the first time that they realise that.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll be delighted to help!

It's soooo true. There's no point in getting your granny or best friend to read your m/s because they're not (probably, unless you're very lucky) professional writers and sometimes we can look a million times at a page with mistakes and typos or part of the plot that is deeply flawed and just not see it ourselves. Believe me, it's true. And it's not just for self-published authors, it's for indie and traditionally published too because when you sub one of the requirements is that your submission is already polished. Of course the publisher will provide an editor - but they're busy people and often only get paid according to how many your books sell so might not be ready to tell you about the flawed plot that might need a full re-write because they also work to a deadline.

Good news that you've set this up, Shuna. I hope it takes off. I also hope that you've not given up writing (otherwise you'll need to change your handle to Island Editor)

Believe me, it's true. And it's not just for self-published authors, it's for indie and traditionally published too because when you sub one of the requirements is that your submission is already polished.

When a friend of mine started work at a publishing company as a slush pile reader, he told told me that 90% of the manuscripts he began to read were so littered with typos and poor sentence structure that he didn't bother to turn the first page!

We all know better than that... Luckily we've discovered supportive writing communities like Litopia!

The best advice I have ever been given as a writer: "Invest in yourself, invest in your craft."

Congratulations! I might just avail myself of your services. I wasn't particularly happy with the copy editor I used on my last book, and will be looking for a new one soon.

Congratulations! I might just avail myself of your services. I wasn't particularly happy with the copy editor I used on my last book, and will be looking for a new one soon.
Hi Robinne - I'd love to help.

Sometimes finding the right 'fit' in terms of editorial help can be difficult - it's why I offer a 1,000-word free sample edit. It works for both sides - you get to see how I work, and it gives me an idea of how much work is involved before quoting for a job. Win-win!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Review: Story Genius by Lisa Cron

hello now with correct prefix.

Back