Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The Cinders of my Spirit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

elevator pitch opinions

Rachael Burnett

Jul 31, 2022
Glastonbury, UK
I would greatly appreciate it if you could vote for your favourite title in the above poll. The book is loosely based on Cinderella. This supernatural thriller infuses an Angela Carter-esque twist. Supported by her unconventional godmother, the Cinderella character strives for justice against her violent stepfamily, whom she holds responsible for her mother's death in a fiery incident.

Many thanks,
Rachael

Last edited:
`I like "Fiery Incident" The others seem a little too complicated. "Cold-fire" "Revenge Served Hot" "Burning Vengeance"

I'm guessing you've had your nose to the grindstone so long you need a break before doing titles. By the way it sounds great. You had me at Angela Carter.

So I chose, No Fire Can Ever Warm Me coz it's kinda sad. I like sad. I assume Cinderella will carry this sadness throughout your story.

However, I feel most of the titles are a bit on the nose - including the one I chose. Maybe strip them down.

Whaddaya think of these ?

• Fire, It Is a Dangerous Servant​

Fire is a Dangerous Servant
  • A Little Fire That Burns​

A Little Fire
  • No Fire Can Ever Warm Me​

No Fire Can Warm Me
  • Everything Is On Fire​

All Is Fire
  • Fire That Consumes Me​

A Fire Consumes Me
  • Burn It All Clean​

Burn It Clean
  • Fire Slumbering Between the Ashes​

A Fire Sleeps Among Ashes
  • A Forgotten Fire​

Forgotten Fire

Last edited:
So I chose, No Fire Can Ever Warm Me coz it's kinda sad. I like sad. I assume Cinderella will carry this sadness throughout your story.

However, I feel most of the titles are a bit on the nose - including the one I chose. Maybe strip them down.

Whaddaya think of these ?

• Fire, It Is a Dangerous Servant​

Fire is a Dangerous Servant
  • A Little Fire That Burns​

A Little Fire
  • No Fire Can Ever Warm Me​

No Fire Can Warm Me
  • Everything Is On Fire​

All Is Fire
  • Fire That Consumes Me​

A Fire Consumes Me
  • Burn It All Clean​

Burn It Clean
  • Fire Slumbering Between the Ashes​

A Fire Sleeps Among Ashes
  • A Forgotten Fire​

Forgotten Fire

Lots of good ideas, @Bloo✒️ and the stripping them down definitely works. Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated. :D

`I like "Fiery Incident" The others seem a little too complicated. "Cold-fire" "Revenge Served Hot" "Burning Vengeance"

I'm guessing you've had your nose to the grindstone so long you need a break before doing titles. By the way it sounds great. You had me at Angela Carter.
Thanks, @Pamela Jo for taking the time. I will definitely consider you fab ideas. :D

I would greatly appreciate it if you could vote for your favourite title in the above poll. The book is loosely based on Cinderella. This supernatural thriller infuses an Angela Carter-esque twist. Supported by her unconventional godmother, the Cinderella character strives for justice against her violent stepfamily, whom she holds responsible for her mother's death in a fiery incident.

Many thanks,
Rachael
What about "Cold Fire" ?

Fire Among the Ashes

Glowing Cinders

Or if you don't want to use the name Cinderella outright, how about Ember? One can glow unseen for a long time before starting a fire. Is that the vibe you're looking for?

Glowing Ember

Forgotten Ember

An Ember Among the Ashes

You get the idea :)

Fire Among the Ashes

Glowing Cinders

Or if you don't want to use the name Cinderella outright, how about Ember? One can glow unseen for a long time before starting a fire. Is that the vibe you're looking for?

Glowing Ember

Forgotten Ember

An Ember Among the Ashes

You get the idea :)
Thanks @Bloo✒️ more great suggestions. Someone in another group suggested Burning Cinders (this so far has received the most votes in another writer's group poll).

Many thanks,
Rachael
I've updated the poll to add Forgotten Embers and Burning Cinders if anyone would care to change their (if you can, I'm uncertain) or vote again (again, don't know if you can vote more than once) if they like these better.

Happens all the time. Funny enough, I always wanted that spelling. My Mum thought it made me sound different in the 70s, but all it achieved was me having to spell my name to anyone who needed it spelling 'properly'.

New nom-de-plume unlocked :cool:

My first name gets misspelled all the time. Even my work colleagues don't always get it right. Of course, they kinda' suck.

I tried to be subtle with the "Burn" in Burnett, but I don't do subtle well.

Good luck with your novel :)

elevator pitch opinions

Back