• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Service Update My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen! Please Welcome…

It appears that the new restrictions also don't allow file attachments to responses. This makes it difficult to provide a markup of the original unless it's sent via DM. Is there a way to configure it so only thread-starters can't attach files?

Anyhoo...can I get a rocketship, please? And do you have a blue one?
Blue Rocket is all yours.
I didn't know about the restrictions for attachments in replies. Does that mean you can't post critique docs then??? Makes no sense. @AgentPete can you clarify?

It appears that the new restrictions also don't allow file attachments to responses. This makes it difficult to provide a markup of the original unless it's sent via DM. Is there a way to configure it so only thread-starters can't attach files?
I didn't know about the restrictions for attachments in replies. Does that mean you can't post critique docs then??? Makes no sense. @AgentPete can you clarify?
Good point, hadn't thought about that. I don’t see any reason why new critiquers (i.e. pre-rocketeers) shouldn’t be allowed to upload files to their posts/critiques. Will amend accordingly. :) p.

Back