Please Tell Me - What Do You Think…?

How would you prefer to send me a video you’ve recorded?

• Recording your video then uploading it to your YouTube channel and sending me a link to it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recording your video then uploading it to another site, e.g. TikTok, Instagram etc

• Something else (please secifiy)

• Total voters

Poll May's Flash Club Poll

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
I’ve got an idea I’d like to run past you for thoughts/ reactions, please.

I’m planning a publicity blitz quite soon, and as part of it, I’d like to get the personal stories of readers who have read a certain book and had their lives changed by it.

I’d like them to send me short videos they can record on their phone, probably no more than 60 seconds.

The problem I’ve got is that it’s not clear how, exactly, they should send me those videos. Recording and emailing a video from a phone is not the easiest thing to do in the world. Some folk will find it too technically challenging. And even if they can master the art of emailing a video, video sizes can very quickly become too large for many email systems to deal with, so they get rejected.

There are various other options, and I’d like to know what you think of them, imagining that you’re a typical reader. What method would you find easiest? Please post your thoughts here and take the poll.

I wouldn't record a video of myself speaking. I dropped out of applying for a job during lockdown when they tried to make me do this. I'm happy on a stage, on radio or TV, though when I see myself talking close up on a screen, recorded by me, it freaks me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll May's Flash Club Poll

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Back