Latecomers – Anita Brookner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your cats RULE that house. :)

Cats don't have owners...they have staff...lol

My routine is pretty easy:

-Get home from work.
-Greeted at the door by Anastacia.
-She meows at me for food/treats even though Astrid gets home an hour before me and takes care of both of those things, but NOOOO...Anastacia thinks she's dying if she isn't constantly blessed with hand fed delicacies.
-Bagheera watches me stoically from the bottom step, disappearing as soon as I walk towards him.
-Am visited later by both cats for copious amounts of attention throughout the evening. Bagheera enjoys whining a ton and either jumps on my lap or gets hand pets. Anastacia does whatever she wants...always has...she's queen/lord of the castle.

The puppy has so much to look forward to! :p

Oreo hates anything near his face. He loves being pet on the top of his head and if you get a good spot, he'll allow you to scratch the bridge of his nose.

Cookie plays hard to get sometimes, but he loves attention and love. He doesn't understand why I don't pay attention to him more often (which is hilarious, but I'm giving him hugs all the time).
Yeah, Izzy will recoil from you like, "what the hell are you doing get away? No seriously, pet me."
Toby will stick his face in yours, and start licking the tip of your nose or forehead. You are then expected to rub his face with that nose.

We're looking to rent as well, but when we need around £300 just for referencing fees, plus a month's rent as deposit and the first month's rent in advance, it takes some saving. One day in the next year or so, then we'll be off to a house. Hubby is determined to have a man-cave, even if it's a garage he can convert. Can't wait to see Ares's face when he can go outside for the first time.

Yeah...moving is hella expensive. With first month of rent, deposit, pet fees, we're looking at so so much. I'm probably going to sit in a corner and rock/cry for a few months after that...:eek::eek::eek:

Cats don't have owners...they have staff...lol

My routine is pretty easy:

-Get home from work.
-Greeted at the door by Anastacia.
-She meows at me for food/treats even though Astrid gets home an hour before me and takes care of both of those things, but NOOOO...Anastacia thinks she's dying if she isn't constantly blessed with hand fed delicacies.
-Bagheera watches me stoically from the bottom step, disappearing as soon as I walk towards him.
-Am visited later by both cats for copious amounts of attention throughout the evening. Bagheera enjoys whining a ton and either jumps on my lap or gets hand pets. Anastacia does whatever she wants...always has...she's queen/lord of the castle.

The puppy has so much to look forward to! :p
Weird that there's one Bagheera/Oreo/Izzy in each case, and also a Anastacia/Cookie/Toby...

Weird that there's one Bagheera/Oreo/Izzy in each case, and also a Anastacia/Cookie/Toby...

Anastacia was an only kitty until I got Bagheera. His behavior was influenced by a lack of socialization and having Anastacia be so standoffish to him. He's a stoic little man, but the line between passive submissiveness and ferocious playtime is remarkably thin...

Being 18 months old, Ares is such a teenager. When it's breakfast time, he's constantly rubbing around my leg and following me everywhere, I can fuss him for an hour if I want to. Once he's eaten, he whinges if you try to pet him. Then it's the old 'haha now I attack you' trick with nipping and clawing, he still uses his back feet to scratch at my arm. I must look like a self harmer sometimes.

Being 18 months old, Ares is such a teenager. When it's breakfast time, he's constantly rubbing around my leg and following me everywhere, I can fuss him for an hour if I want to. Once he's eaten, he whinges if you try to pet him. Then it's the old 'haha now I attack you' trick with nipping and clawing, he still uses his back feet to scratch at my arm. I must look like a self harmer sometimes.

I love how cats are in the morning when it's suddenly food time. I'm so used to Anastacia trying to get me up, that I sleep through it. Now, Astrid has to get used to being walked on and batted awake. I probably shouldn't find it so funny...:D

We routinely refer to both as our masters, but Cookie is definitely a dog trapped in a cat's body, so he probably thinks that less so.
In Shadow's younger days, she was very demanding of our time and attention. As she got older she wanted to be left alone. Kitty is very much the kind of cat that will seek you out when and if she wants to see you.

I love how cats are in the morning when it's suddenly food time. I'm so used to Anastacia trying to get me up, that I sleep through it. Now, Astrid has to get used to being walked on and batted awake. I probably shouldn't find it so funny...:D
My cats are definitely night time eaters, so they bug me more often at nighttime than in the morning. But Cookie has started this new thing where, when my alarm goes off, he'll sit right next to the bed and stare at me until I pet him, and then he sniffs my face and forces me to pet him some more. If I've pet him but I haven't made it out of bed yet, he climb up on the bed and put his face in mine (which, though less so at 6:30am, is still cute) and lay right next to my head. Usually by this time, I'm petting him pretty consistently which means I'm less likely to fall back asleep, so he's a good little alarm clock. :)

Oreo loves when we do the sheets. He'll crawl right under it while we're making it and will stay there for a good 30 minutes, unless hubby and I decide to be jerks and poke him lol
Toby does the same thing — he'll leap up from the floor under the sheet while it's flapping, and start clawing at it. And I do poke him as well.

My cats are definitely night time eaters, so they bug me more often at nighttime than in the morning. But Cookie has started this new thing where, when my alarm goes off, he'll sit right next to the bed and stare at me until I pet him, and then he sniffs my face and forces me to pet him some more. If I've pet him but I haven't made it out of bed yet, he climb up on the bed and put his face in mine (which, though less so at 6:30am, is still cute) and lay right next to my head. Usually by this time, I'm petting him pretty consistently which means I'm less likely to fall back asleep, so he's a good little alarm clock. :)
Ug. They just start banging on the door and meowing when the alarm goes off at 5:00, adding to the chaos. They want to tear around the living room and do battle.

Ug. They just start banging on the door and meowing when the alarm goes off at 5:00, adding to the chaos. They want to tear around the living room and do battle.
If I sleep in on the weekends -- which means anything after 7:30 -- they also have epic battles and NASCAR races. It would be funny if I weren't trying to sleep.

Had to find a good example of each of them...
View attachment 776 View attachment 777

They get along marvelously together, though. Until it's time for a battle to the death.
View attachment 778 View attachment 779
And are lots of help when it comes to putting sheets on the bed.

One of those kitties is so much bigger than the other. Is one younger, or is there that much of a size difference? If so, I find that funny, since Anastacia is about 10 lbs and Bagheera is about 15.

Ares seems to have learnt that if he sits in a corner of the bathroom, behind the door, his meow echoes more. Not much fun for us at 6am, if he could be trusted not to climb and knock things over, then we would let him roam the flat at night. As it is, he gets put to bed in the bathroom.

Ares seems to have learnt that if he sits in a corner of the bathroom, behind the door, his meow echoes more. Not much fun for us at 6am, if he could be trusted not to climb and knock things over, then we would let him roam the flat at night. As it is, he gets put to bed in the bathroom.
Haha... same thing here. Toby likes to eat q-tips and hair bands, and can't be trusted.

Haha... same thing here. Toby likes to eat q-tips and hair bands, and can't be trusted.
They do knock stuff over sometimes, but we have such a small apartment that the things we don't want them to knock over or eat (also hair ties) are on the 4 places they already know they're not allowed to be. So they run around everything else. Even if we wanted to though, living in a studio, we don't have a room to lock them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super quick rejections

L

Latecomers – Anita Brookner

Back