Pets who "help" us write

Super quick rejections

L

Latecomers – Anita Brookner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, are we taking about my trip? It was AWESOME (so, so very awesome), but I've been home for a few days :) I just meant I have work in the way lol.
Oh.

Yeah. The trip.

I have a fair idea how work was.

Oh that's right you got back Saturday, didn't you?

Oh.

Yeah. The trip.

I have a fair idea how work was.

Oh that's right you got back Saturday, didn't you?
We flew back in town Friday night (and then did nothing on Saturday lol). 14 hours of flight time is exhausting, not including the airport time and the 6 hour time difference. But it was so worth it :D We did 2 ghost bus tours where they tell you all the hauntings of the city, an after-hours tour of the Leprechaun Museum, and a tour of the jail, which has it's own stories. So much book material for both the hubster and me. :)

Did Nicole disappear somewhere? I missed something...
Hubby and I went to Ireland for a week. We had friends getting married in a haunted castle, so we made a week trip of it (since we didn't get a honeymoon after our wedding). :D Spent 2.5 days in Dublin, 2 in Lough Rea (small town with the haunted castle), then back to Dublin for 3 days. It was great :)

Hubby and I went to Ireland for a week. We had friends getting married in a haunted castle, so we made a week trip of it (since we didn't get a honeymoon after our wedding). :D Spent 2.5 days in Dublin, 2 in Lough Rea (small town with the haunted castle), then back to Dublin for 3 days. It was great :)

Sounds ridiculously nice...I need another vacation already...T.T

Sounds ridiculously nice...I need another vacation already...T.T
I'm sorry, did you just sign your post "Rorschach?" :eek:
20100426094223.png

What about what?

Made the right choice, Chase. The other two have evil little eyes, and the one on the right is sad about it, and wants to say something to warn you, but can't because the other two are right there, wagging kitchen knives at the end of their little tails.

Can't wait until we can afford to move into a house, I'm so getting a dog! Maybe a nice German Shepard or Husky, maybe one of each ;)

Well since I got married in July, we're moving to a house from the townhome I'm renting. We'll still be renting, but it will be a house. Tbh, we need the space anyway and since her schnauzers are grown and don't do well with cats, her parents are keeping them. A puppy was the only option and black was a must to match my current black kitties, though Anastacia has taken a turn for the gray in the past few months.

Here she is giving me the "Feed me treats or people will die!" look. Astrid really likes the gray, but I'm not used to it yet. She was so black before...

20151202_211530.jpg

Izz and Tobes do the same thing — there's a protocol, must be followed, regarding getting home from work:
- When the key goes into the front door, they begin banging on bedroom door like two linebackers.
- Sweetie lets them out, and they run to the front door.
- We pick them up, and carry them outside to stand on the balcony and sniff the air for about 45 seconds.
- We go back inside, and they jump out of our arms, demolish the shoes baskets, and run to the kitchen.
- Sweetie lands on the bed and begins Facebooking
- I get Izzy his fish and vegetable broth and Toby his chicken patte, holding the plates as to direct Toby away from the island and set Izzy's food down.
- I bring Toby's food into the bedroom as he jumps to try to knock the plate out of my hand and screams at me.
- I set the plate down and close him back in the bedroom until Izzy decides whether he feels like eating today.
- Toby begins to scream again; I pick up Izzy's plate, let Toby out of the bedroom, and put both their plates in the sink
- I refill their dry food, pour out their water, clean the water bowls, give them new, replace them all to the room, and clean their litter box (morning, evening, night).
- I shut them in the bedroom again, and go across the street to the convenience store for groceries, come back, make dinner, set it on the table, and sit down.
- Sweetie finishes Facebooking and sits down to eat.
- Izz and Tobes run up, so Izz can smell my breath and I find out what I had for dinner, and Tobes can mash his face into the palm of my hand.
- Then we can eat. Any deviation from protocol will result in summary execution.
- Then I can go to the gym, and get home around 10:00.

Izz and Tobes do the same thing — there's a protocol, must be followed, regarding getting home from work:
- When the key goes into the front door, they begin banging on bedroom door like two linebackers.
- Sweetie lets them out, and they run to the front door.
- We pick them up, and carry them outside to stand on the balcony and sniff the air for about 45 seconds.
- We go back inside, and they jump out of our arms, demolish the shoes baskets, and run to the kitchen.
- Sweetie lands on the bed and begins Facebooking
- I get Izzy his fish and vegetable broth and Toby his chicken patte, holding the plates as to direct Toby away from the island and set Izzy's food down.
- I bring Toby's food into the bedroom as he jumps to try to knock the plate out of my hand and screams at me.
- I set the plate down and close him back in the bedroom until Izzy decides whether he feels like eating today.
- Toby begins to scream again; I pick up Izzy's plate, let Toby out of the bedroom, and put both their plates in the sink
- I refill their dry food, pour out their water, clean the water bowls, give them new, replace them all to the room, and clean their litter box (morning, evening, night).
- I shut them in the bedroom again, and go across the street to the convenience store for groceries, come back, make dinner, set it on the table, and sit down.
- Sweetie finishes Facebooking and sits down to eat.
- Izz and Tobes run up, so Izz can smell my breath and I find out what I had for dinner, and Tobes can mash his face into the palm of my hand.
- Then we can eat. Any deviation from protocol will result in summary execution.
Lol. This is beautiful.
Our routine:
- Hubster and I walk through the door where Oreo is anxiously awaiting our return (read: he wants to go outside bc, before we got Cookie, he was allowed out - but Cookie will definitely jump off the edge of the walkway if he sees a squirrel so we stopped that pretty quickly)
- shove Oreo aside with our feet bc he knows better
- Walk past them both to set my backpack and water down
- Cookie yells at me because I haven't pet him in the 15 seconds I've been inside
- set my backpack and water down while Cookie is smashing his face into the side of my leg because he demands attention
- Oreo whines at us because we probably forgot to refill his food bowl past halfway (how dare us!)
- I pick up one cat and Michael picks up the other (usually I pick up Cookie bc he's the one that loves hugs and kisses - Oreo less so, much less)
- I pet Oreo gently while hubby is holding him
- I give cookie more hugs and head rubs
- We set both down
- Cookie immediately demands more attention while Oreo walks away

Lol. This is beautiful.
Our routine:
- Hubster and I walk through the door where Oreo is anxiously awaiting our return (read: he wants to go outside bc, before we got Cookie, he was allowed out - but Cookie will definitely jump off the edge of the walkway if he sees a squirrel so we stopped that pretty quickly)
- shove Oreo aside with our feet bc he knows better
- Walk past them both to set my backpack and water down
- Cookie yells at me because I haven't pet him in the 15 seconds I've been inside
- set my backpack and water down while Cookie is smashing his face into the side of my leg because he demands attention
- Oreo whines at us because we probably forgot to refill his food bowl past halfway (how dare us!)
- I pick up one cat and Michael picks up the other (usually I pick up Cookie bc he's the one that loves hugs and kisses - Oreo less so, much less)
- I pet Oreo gently while hubby is holding him
- I give cookie more hugs and head rubs
- We set both down
- Cookie immediately demands more attention while Oreo walks away
Hahahaha! Yup. Izz must be petted only on the sides of his face and on his neck, and behind his ears scratched — only by me, and only for nine seconds. Toby must be petted all over his face, head, and neck, and his belly scratched — by both of us for at least four minutes. Then he jumps onto the couch, walks over to Sweetie, and tilts sideways to plop down against the side of her leg like a horse falling over, and goes to sleep.

Well since I got married in July, we're moving to a house from the townhome I'm renting. We'll still be renting, but it will be a house. Tbh, we need the space anyway and since her schnauzers are grown and don't do well with cats, her parents are keeping them. A puppy was the only option and black was a must to match my current black kitties, though Anastacia has taken a turn for the gray in the past few months.

Here she is giving me the "Feed me treats or people will die!" look. Astrid really likes the gray, but I'm not used to it yet. She was so black before...

View attachment 774

We're looking to rent as well, but when we need around £300 just for referencing fees, plus a month's rent as deposit and the first month's rent in advance, it takes some saving. One day in the next year or so, then we'll be off to a house. Hubby is determined to have a man-cave, even if it's a garage he can convert. Can't wait to see Ares's face when he can go outside for the first time.

Hahahaha! Yup. Izz must be petted only on the sides of his face and on his neck, and behind his ears scratched — only by me, and only for nine seconds. Toby must be petted all over his face, head, and neck, and his belly scratched — by both of us for at least four minutes. Then he jumps onto the couch, walks over to Sweetie, and tilts sideways to plop down against the side of her leg like a horse falling over, and goes to sleep.
Oreo hates anything near his face. He loves being pet on the top of his head and if you get a good spot, he'll allow you to scratch the bridge of his nose.

Cookie plays hard to get sometimes, but he loves attention and love. He doesn't understand why I don't pay attention to him more often (which is hilarious, but I'm giving him hugs all the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super quick rejections

L

Latecomers – Anita Brookner

Back