Open Submission Coming up, Fantasy, Steampunk...

Writers' Boltholes

The value of your own POV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not. It's down to one's agenda. Should I not have shared it?

Huh?!

No of course - you should share whatever you want. Why would my bias impression stop anyone from sharing whatever they want? Likewise, I shouldn't fear posting an opinion to worry that someone thinks I'm trying to stop them from posting. Oh my goodness. Let that be on the record ;)

Never heard of them. Their site looks bit amateurish and puts me off :confused:. Am I being superficial?:oops:

Let that be on the record??

I am surprised. Do we not have enough history here? Lady Emerald, you asked if you were being superficial. I was asking, in view of your response to the posting, had I been inappropriate?

Never heard of them. Their site looks bit amateurish and puts me off :confused:. Am I being superficial?:oops:

I am surprised. Lady Emerald, you asked if you were being superficial. I was asking, in view of your response to the posting, had I been inappropriate?

And my response was no.

So easy to misunderstand the tone of the written word. Nobody intended offence, IMHO. Let's all have virtual cake...:)

I am surprised. Do we not have enough history here? Lady Emerald, you asked if you were being superficial. I was asking, in view of your response to the posting, had I been inappropriate?

I'm not irked, KTLN. I think you misunderstood me. I'm not at all one to stop anyone from posting what they want. That was the scary part to think anyone would think that. I'm quite in admiration of you and stated that no one should stop anyone from posting anything, likewise for the record - that me questioning posts should not be deemed as anything more than a different opinion. That's all. Shame that my writing isn't as quite there yet - otherwise I think I would have been much better at explaining myself. Hey ho - a couple more posts elaborating did no one no harm.

Too late:
funny-cat-meme-cake.jpg

Well, they do set out their stall as genre. But they are legit, pay royalties, 5 year contract, print and ebook, both. Might suit someone to give it a go. Thinking about it myself.

That's neat! I wanted to add that Kensington has open submissions for their new imprint, too. They're looking for sci-fi series. They actually read my ms, but it was too romance with not enough sci-fi for them, but I was amazed at their response time and how personal (and kind) they were for being one of the better known non-big-five publishers. Their contracts have full editorial and marketing services but no advances (at least that was what they were talking about for my book before it was ultimately, politely, passed upon.) It might be different for different books though, I don't know. I really think they're trying to fill their imprint with fresh new sci-fi voices, though, I got that feeling. Here's their link: Kensington Publishing Corp: Lyrical Press Submissions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Writers' Boltholes

The value of your own POV

Back