Celebrating excellence in Poetry and Short Fiction, the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an exciting opportunity for writers to showcase their work to international audiences, with 60 shortlisted writers receiving publication in an inspiring anthology.
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that celebrates excellence in Poetry and Short Fiction. Hosted by the international art and culture publication, Aesthetica Magazine. With the aim to support and nurture new writing talent, it awards publication within an inspiring anthology to a shortlist of 60 writers, including a winner from each category.
The winners are also presented with further opportunities to expand their literary careers: £1,000 cash prize each, a consultation with literary agency Redhammer Management, a Full Membership to The Poetry Society, a subscription to Granta and books courtesy of Bloodaxe Books and Vintage Books.
Aesthetica champions artists across a range of media, with talent development at its core. It presents two further awards: the Aesthetica Art Prize and the Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF). Through its three awards, Aesthetica showcases leading practitioners and supports their career through its international reputation and links with the creative industries.
- £1,000 prize money for the Poetry winner
- £1,000 prize money for the Short Fiction winner
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- A selection of books from Vintage and Bloodaxe Books
- One year print subscription to Granta
- Full Membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Short Fiction Winner)
- A complimentary copy of the Annual