• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Fanfare! We Have Two Joint Winners...!

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
LitBits
United-Nations
I’m delighted to announce that we have two joint winners for this month’s ONE PERFECT SENTENCE contest…

Claire & Jonny!

Graphics for both are below, and are going out on our social media right now.

I loved all the entries! Here are the top three places together with a special mention:

Joint First​

“He'll never know it's about him, she thought, as she typed the final word of her latest romance novel.”

… Claire
claire.png

“I'd often been told one day it would happen, and yet when it actually did, I was completely unprepared for my life being turned upside down.”

… Jonny
jonny.png

Joint Second​

“That which we call a heart, by any other name would taste as sweet.”

… Rachael

“It wasn't until she opened the suitcase that she realised ... the ‘love of her life’ would never fit inside.”

… Barbara

Joint Third​

“He’s the only man I’ll ever love, but I think I just met the girl of my dreams.”

… Sedayne

“Choosing the wrong love song can be awkward, but singing it to the wrong person can be deadly.”

… Carol

Special Mention​

“As an auditor, Roslyn Devine felt out of place at the cockfight.”

… Aethalope

Next month’s contest kicks off on the 7th October, watch out for it!

Back