State-Of-Mind Today is my birthday!

Blog Post: Not the Typical (Ugly) American Tourist (I hope).

Blog Post: Unreliable Narrators (Spoiler Alert!)

Jason L.

Staff member
Jun 22, 2022
Seminole, FL
Today is my birthday, and every year, I get so overwhelmed with how grateful I am to have completed another year. I am kind of in awe of the whole process. The fact that I have screwed up so much but still have the prospect of doing more of the same, or better, thrills me. When I still ate sugar, I used to bake brownies and cakes and give them away to my colleagues and students so that they would have as wonderful a day as I did. One year my students threw me a party! I can't make you a cake (distance and dietary restrictions) but I CAN wish all of you, from the bottom of my heart, to have as wonderful a day as you can. It's not just my day to celebrate, and, frankly, don't some of us need to grab at any excuse just to celebrate our wins?

So, in honor of my birthday, which has no meaning to anybody but me, let me celebrate my own wins and ask you to celebrate yours:

I KNOW YOU PEOPLE! Huge win.
I have finished novels that my editor likes!
I didn't die in an embarrassing way last year. SCORE!

But enough about me. What are your wins?

Today is my birthday, and every year, I get so overwhelmed with how grateful I am to have completed another year. I am kind of in awe of the whole process. The fact that I have screwed up so much but still have the prospect of doing more of the same, or better, thrills me. When I still ate sugar, I used to bake brownies and cakes and give them away to my colleagues and students so that they would have as wonderful a day as I did. One year my students threw me a party! I can't make you a cake (distance and dietary restrictions) but I CAN wish all of you, from the bottom of my heart, to have as wonderful a day as you can. It's not just my day to celebrate, and, frankly, don't some of us need to grab at any excuse just to celebrate our wins?

So, in honor of my birthday, which has no meaning to anybody but me, let me celebrate my own wins and ask you to celebrate yours:

St Patricks Day Dancing GIF by Animanias
Happy Birthday GIF by Mumbai Indians

Happy Birthday, Jason!

Happy birthday, Jason! :sun-with-face::sunflower::1st-place-medal::birthday-cake::rainbow::star:Your wins sound great – I wish you many more of them. I just made soup that did not poison me (if you knew my cooking you'd understand what a win that is :) ) Have a very happy day.

Have a great day, Jason.

Another year older and not a mark on you.

Cleaned the BBQ grill after putting it off for months. :eek:

Blog Post: Not the Typical (Ugly) American Tourist (I hope).

Blog Post: Unreliable Narrators (Spoiler Alert!)

Back