• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Thoughts on Audiobooks?

• Thread starter Thread starter Karen Gray
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not fussed if folk know where I live. Ain't no one going to venture into the East end of Greenock just to stalk me ;)
Not unless they want hacked by a weirdo with a machete or some such.

Plus I'm not stalkable material :p

Don't be so sure. Though you're probably taller than you look through the binoculars...

A few years a go the Sunday Times did a series of features on people who did crazily long commutes. The one that stuck in my mind was a guy who lived in a farmhouse in Devon and drove to London to some dreary desk job every day. He'd leave before 5am to get to work about 8:30 and get home about 10pm.
I guess he thought he was a hero providing a lovely home for his family but his wife and kids can only ever have seen him on weekends - and then he was probably knackered.
Sometimes people do it because there is literally no other way to support their family though, not out of preference. But I know what you mean. He must have felt as though the inside of his car/train/bus was giving him cabin fever.

I'm not fussed if folk know where I live. Ain't no one going to venture into the East end of Greenock just to stalk me ;)
Not unless they want hacked by a weirdo with a machete or some such.

Plus I'm not stalkable material :p

I am that weirdo, how did you spot me? And it's not a machete, it's a moustache!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back