Thoughts on Audiobooks?

Fun or Profit?

K

Writing for the literacy-challenged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not fussed if folk know where I live. Ain't no one going to venture into the East end of Greenock just to stalk me ;)
Not unless they want hacked by a weirdo with a machete or some such.

Plus I'm not stalkable material :p

Don't be so sure. Though you're probably taller than you look through the binoculars...

A few years a go the Sunday Times did a series of features on people who did crazily long commutes. The one that stuck in my mind was a guy who lived in a farmhouse in Devon and drove to London to some dreary desk job every day. He'd leave before 5am to get to work about 8:30 and get home about 10pm.
I guess he thought he was a hero providing a lovely home for his family but his wife and kids can only ever have seen him on weekends - and then he was probably knackered.
Sometimes people do it because there is literally no other way to support their family though, not out of preference. But I know what you mean. He must have felt as though the inside of his car/train/bus was giving him cabin fever.

I'm not fussed if folk know where I live. Ain't no one going to venture into the East end of Greenock just to stalk me ;)
Not unless they want hacked by a weirdo with a machete or some such.

Plus I'm not stalkable material :p

I am that weirdo, how did you spot me? And it's not a machete, it's a moustache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun or Profit?

K

Writing for the literacy-challenged

Back