Thought For The Day

It doesn't matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop

Ships don’t sink because of the water around them

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads, but what he rereads.
François Mauriac

iu

He boiled down a hundred pages of mathematics into a simple equation. E =mc2 (c squared) or Energy = mass x the square of the speed of light.
A revolutionary insight which resulted in humans harnessing atomic energy. An amazing mind.
I wonder if I could boil my 400 page novel into a few sentences. It's what agent Pete tells us to do for our blurb but not being Einstein it ain't so easy.

I am a tenacious bugger and go full-on with most things I do so work is no problem. It's the talent I worry about :(
It doesn't matter how much talent and hard work you put in if you are unlucky. Luck is sometimes glorious, sometimes disastrous and we have no control over it.

Some 'bad' things I would have to keep. Pivotal. Too much learning attached. One or two other things, I would edit if I could. Still much learning attached, but my second baby would have been OK. He would have made it, and there would be three living children.
That's where acceptance comes in.

It doesn't matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop

Ships don’t sink because of the water around them

Back