The REJECTION RASPBERRY thread

Flash Club Announcement

Fanfare! Cover reveal for The Rarkyn's Familiar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought you'd rejected your own piece. Now that really is super tough. ;)

Think I'm losing it today... just checked and that was top of previous page but I somehow landed on it as being the most recent. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Right now just a second, there's obviously something very weird going on today.

Because I've just this minute checked my emails and found I've got a rejection for a short story I'd forgotten I'd even sent out quite some time ago. That's just a bit too Spooky :ghost:

Anyway, and that said - can I have a raspberry please?

"Thanks for submitting to Short Fiction. We are sorry to say that we are unable to publish your piece. As we are planning to publish only a few stories each year, we are having to decline some excellent work."

I have highlighted one sentence in particular which was obviously referring directly to my sub :cool:;)

Right now just a second, there's obviously something very weird going on today.

Because I've just this minute checked my emails and found I've got a rejection for a short story I'd forgotten I'd even sent out quite some time ago. That's just a bit too Spooky :ghost:

Anyway, and that said - can I have a raspberry please?

"Thanks for submitting to Short Fiction. We are sorry to say that we are unable to publish your piece. As we are planning to publish only a few stories each year, we are having to decline some excellent work."

I have highlighted one sentence in particular which was obviously referring directly to my sub:cool:;)

Here you go, Jonny, have a fart

Fellow Liptopians! A raspberry, or indeed any other noise created by a bodily function if you will please.

Sent out a batch of queries as of start of this month and got my first reply in just 10 days. Very impressed as it was a personal reply and not a stat "take it elsewhere" job.

Quite a decent let down as it goes. They'd obviously actually read some of my sub and were even quite complimentary about several aspects - but, as you guessed - they were so impressed that they decided to let someone else scoop it up and make us both millions.

I'd forgotten what fun this process is. ;)

Fellow Liptopians! A raspberry, or indeed any other noise created by a bodily function if you will please.

Sent out a batch of queries as of start of this month and got my first reply in just 10 days. Very impressed as it was a personal reply and not a stat "take it elsewhere" job.

Quite a decent let down as it goes. They'd obviously actually read some of my sub and were even quite complimentary about several aspects - but, as you guessed - they were so impressed that they decided to let someone else scoop it up and make us both millions.

I'd forgotten what fun this process is. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash Club Announcement

Fanfare! Cover reveal for The Rarkyn's Familiar!

Back