Story - When It Has To Be Told

Film Making On A Small Budget...Zombie Apocalypse

K

splitting a novel

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alistair Roberts

I just love this! So when I first imagined this novel ( I started to write Movie!), I saw a hotel in Goondiwindi with a narrow garden on the left side in front of rooms. When I googled I found the exact scene, except those rooms were really a shop facing the hotel, but the view was virtually what I'd imagined.

Now, I have a scene, and my MC has to be outside so as NOT to answer the office phone (she works from home as a PI), and this has to be between 4pm and 5pm. The murderer has to see she's outside without being in the street but close enough and (?) high enough to see this AND be close to a public phone box, cause he (actually its a she but the story hasn't shown that yet), isn't silly enough to use a mobile phone that could be tracked, and never uses the same public phone twice.

Ok, I could just pretend there is a phone box somewhere, but why bother when the end of the street rises up and curves into another one (gives a great view down the street) and a few metres up that road there really is a public phone box!!

I just love that, especially when it's set in current times, and I like to keep it as realistic as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Film Making On A Small Budget...Zombie Apocalypse

K

splitting a novel

Back