36 Calls for Submissions in September - Paying Markets

Anybody else plot this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillwitch

Basic
Jan 1, 2015
Mexico
Yesterday I had the pleasure of writing here!

5200386968_a9b097d6ee_z.jpg

And here is the outside.

svyfwrom-1414105242-bg.jpg

I never write in libraries (and certainly not coffee shops) as I like to write in silence, but here's a few photos of my favourite library, the John Rylands library in Manchester which I used to see on my bus journey to school, and had the pleasure of giving a talk at in 2014. It is a working library, and there are still books in the old part of the building shown, but there's a modern extension (part visible to the left of the top photo) which now houses the majority of the books.

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1530.JPG

Congratulations @Quillwitch - it must have been very inspiring. Where is that building and what is it called?

It´s the Octavio Paz Library run by the University of Guadalajara in the city of Guadalajara, Mexico. The building used to be a Jesuit church/monastery. It´s over 100 yrs old. The Library itself is only about 20 years old. I make a big deal out of it because I recently moved here after living in a small town near the beach where there was nothing of the sort.

I never write in libraries (and certainly not coffee shops) as I like to write in silence, but here's a few photos of my favourite library, the John Rylands library in Manchester which I used to see on my bus journey to school, and had the pleasure of giving a talk at in 2014. It is a working library, and there are still books in the old part of the building shown, but there's a modern extension (part visible to the left of the top photo) which now houses the majority of the books.

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1530.JPG

It´s the Octavio Paz Library run by the University of Guadalajara in the city of Guadalajara, Mexico. The building used to be a Jesuit church/monastery. It´s over 100 yrs old. The Library itself is only about 20 years old. I make a big deal out of it because I recently moved here after living in a small town near the beach where there was nothing of the sort.

You are a very lucky Quillwitch indeed! It must be very inspiring to write in that glorious building.

If I could I would live in Oxford and make the Bodleian library my local haunt. But, sadly, I am nowhere near it.

You are a very lucky Quillwitch indeed! It must be very inspiring to write in that glorious building.

If I could I would live in Oxford and make the Bodleian library my local haunt. But, sadly, I am nowhere near it.

I hear you! That sounds like heaven to me as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

36 Calls for Submissions in September - Paying Markets

Anybody else plot this way?

Back