READ AT YOUR OWN RISK: Dear World at Large, what *I* think women need in romantic fiction

Gem Of A Blog Post On How To Make Your Dialogue Sparkle

B

Hello, I'm new to Litopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Female orgasm? Oh, yes of course. You are referring to the myth spawned by the disorder known as 'hysterical paroxysm.'
116.jpg

Bad Sex Awards 2014
HAHAHAHA... he keeps calling it the beast! Make him stop...

When I was in high school and thought writing sex scenes were fun they read somewhat like number 6. Number 10 was actually an apt description, but he completely leaves out the female aspect. If you are a man, just admit that you have not a clue, and ask a particularly forthcoming friend to explain it to you so you don't make a fool of yourself.

Anne Rice has written 5 books which were all better written then 50 Shades.
Call things by their name. None of this lovebud stuff. Stop that!
Ah yes — my wife used to have Beauty's Punishment on the back of the toilet. Her mother quickly discovered the differences in the adaptation when she came to visit.

Hahaha, 'Zade, you know how to put things in perspective.

Female orgasm? Oh, yes of course. You are referring to the myth spawned by the disorder known as 'hysterical paroxysm.'
View attachment 168

Bad Sex Awards 2014

When I was in high school and thought writing sex scenes were fun they read somewhat like number 6. Number 10 was actually an apt description, but he completely leaves out the female aspect. If you are a man, just admit that you have not a clue, and ask a particularly forthcoming friend to explain it to you so you don't make a fool of yourself.
Omg too funny!! Thank goodness none of my scenes are like those! I actually found doing my first full on sex scene, quite liberating. I do think that if you are going to have the sex in there, it should add to the story, if not, lose it.

I think I should point out (Just for @Jason Byrne ) that that thing you wanted to happen at some point within the 15 books... yeah that happens in book 2 :p

YAY!!! I'm actually sooo interested to see what you say about this book and the next one.

View attachment 168

Bad Sex Awards 2014

Hilarious

There are precious few of the male gender involved in this thread, except as 'likers' - or lurkers - or even voyeurs. So, I think that someone should stick up for my 50% of the human race (!)

From my albeit limited experience (I don't read romance and rarely read erotica - men generally prefer pictures though I can't get my head around hentai). As I have improved my writing skills (I hope), I have ventured into including erotic scenes simply because they made sense in the context. What I wonder about is how much of oneself is disclosed in such scenes? OK, I can go and do research, but I don't have a dungeon handy right now - just Filippa Hole (my inflatable woman which (!) my partner gave me prior to a Transatlantic voyage).

Anyway, I do wonder what my daughters (4) plus my partner's daughters (3) think when they read my writing. At least most of them try - and most have seen the pictures of Filippa (after all, it was a present from my lady).

If I write about a scene involving a sex act xxx (say sun dried tomatoes) then does that mean that I have a need for such delicacies? Many people say that a writer exposes himself/herself in their writing - that's kind of worrying.

Anyway, for your titillation and some light relief given this serious subject, here is Filippa body surfing as we crossed the equator (she about to make it with King Neptune actually) at a leisurely 5 knots (bondage ;-)). FWIW, 4 mixed crew, middle aged (still recovering). Her head is obscured (as is usual in such family photos). There is a boxed set of videos available, please pm me for details.

Well, that's me banned, ttfn.

DSCF0428.JPG

There are precious few of the male gender involved in this thread, except as 'likers' - or lurkers - or even voyeurs. So, I think that someone should stick up for my 50% of the human race (!)

From my albeit limited experience (I don't read romance and rarely read erotica - men generally prefer pictures though I can't get my head around hentai). As I have improved my writing skills (I hope), I have ventured into including erotic scenes simply because they made sense in the context. What I wonder about is how much of oneself is disclosed in such scenes? OK, I can go and do research, but I don't have a dungeon handy right now - just Filippa Hole (my inflatable woman which (!) my partner gave me prior to a Transatlantic voyage).

Anyway, I do wonder what my daughters (4) plus my partner's daughters (3) think when they read my writing. At least most of them try - and most have seen the pictures of Filippa (after all, it was a present from my lady).

If I write about a scene involving a sex act xxx (say sun dried tomatoes) then does that mean that I have a need for such delicacies? Many people say that a writer exposes himself/herself in their writing - that's kind of worrying.

Anyway, for your titillation and some light relief given this serious subject, here is Filippa body surfing as we crossed the equator (she about to make it with King Neptune actually) at a leisurely 5 knots (bondage ;-)). FWIW, 4 mixed crew, middle aged (still recovering). Her head is obscured (as is usual in such family photos). There is a boxed set of videos available, please pm me for details.

Words escape me with increasing frequency.

The series I wrote that included sex scenes was written just after high school, and they occurred with frequency to match that of the HBO series Rome, if you ever saw that. As my beta read (my father) said, "there's a lot of gratuitous bed-hopping." They were written primarily from the perspective of a female main character, and now sport a thick layer of dust, but I'm sure that as a 19 year-old male I was vastly unqualified to do them justice.

Yes James, but I'm not here, and I won't hit like, encase someone thinks I am (should I stick an exclamation mark in this time?). But all good points. *Runs away smiling* ;)

DSCF0428.JPG
Um... How did I miss this? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem Of A Blog Post On How To Make Your Dialogue Sparkle

B

Hello, I'm new to Litopia

Back