M

Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emurelda

Basic
Feb 27, 2015
London
I have a list of some publishers here in the UK who accept direct submissions.

Please note these are UK and Children bias. Feel free to add anymore. Sorry if this is a duplicate thread - may want to merge it to any other if necessary.

Andersen Press Ltd want physical submissions only, hmmm unusual no?
Bloomsbury Spark (ebooks only unless it becomes popular)
The Chicken House (only through paid annual competition, make of it what you will)
Hogs Back Books Ltd ( they do say they accept older age groups in their submissions page)
Stripes (imprint) (Another physical only submission for children books)
The O'Brien Press Ltd (printed submissions again)
Piccadilly Press (children's books up to 15 years)
Strident Publishing Ltd
Sweet Cherry Publishing (Unusually no royalties but pay upfront or staggered fees for work completed/completing)

Clicking through takes you directly to the submissions page - or should do.

Last edited:
This sort of information is always greatly appreciated ;)

Interesting researching this. Something about Strident Publishing I liked. Can't remember why I circled it so lovingly on my list lol...will figure it out when I get round to it again.

This sort of information is always greatly appreciated ;)

I've been meaning to send off this list here for a while now - only got round to it. So no worries, it might save other people some time that's how I see it.

What's odd is that originally I counted 17 direct submissions but after I researched a few others I found there were some unsavoury ones that need to be added to the 'shark' something thread ;)

I have a list of some publishers here in the UK who accept direct submissions.

Please note these are UK and Children bias. Feel free to add anymore. Sorry if this is a duplicate thread - may want to merge it to any other if necessary.

Andersen Press Ltd want physical submissions only, hmmm unusual no?
Bloomsbury Spark (ebooks only unless it becomes popular)
The Chicken House (only through paid annual competition, make of it what you will)
Hogs Back Books Ltd ( they do say they accept older age groups in their submissions page)
Stripes (imprint) (Another physical only submission for children books)
The O'Brien Press Ltd (printed submissions again)
Piccadilly Press (children's books up to 15 years)
Strident Publishing Ltd
Sweet Cherry Publishing (Unusually no royalties but pay upfront or staggered fees for work completed/completing)

Clicking through takes you directly to the submissions page - or should do.

I'm not aiming at these, myself, but I notice an agent with a gorgeous name, who's been saying recently, she's open to children's & YA subs: Amber Caraveo at Skylark https://mobile.twitter.com/ambercaraveo

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

So happy to have found you again!

M

Intro

Back