Pleased to be here

Great Graphic Novels...

P

DeepDown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fran Connor

Hi, I'm Fran Connor, a British novelist living in SW France. It rains less here!

I have three novels published and one series of novellas. They can be seen on my Amazon author page.
http://www.amazon.com/Fran-Connor/e/B00EIIEUE2/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1449772749&sr=1-1

I write in several genres but try not to in the same novel. It may be a thriller as in Someone To Watch Over Me, or a Fantasy as in The Devil's Bridge. I tend to have a strong romance at the core.

The reason for joining this site is to exchange ideas with fellow scribes.

Welcome Fran! Congratulations on your success thus far, and thank you for joining us! I really look forward to interacting with you, learning from you, and learning from you all I can.

Welcome Fran, I am near Geneva, where are you?
Hi KG,

I'm an hour north of Toulouse and about two hours south east of Bordeaux. It's mainly fruit that's grown around here though most farmers have their own vineyards and make local wine. It's quiet. I have a neighbour three hundred metres down the road and another three hundred up the road. I love it here in France. I was in Hampshire before that for thirty years and I grew up in Lancashire (Rochdale) so you can guess why I moved to Hampshire! Good luck with your projects. Fran

Welcome Fran! Congratulations on your success thus far, and thank you for joining us! I really look forward to interacting with you, learning from you, and learning from you all I can.
Hi Jason, I'm not sure you can learn much from me. I'm no expert. But what little experience I have gleaned from this writing lark I am always happy to share. Good luck with your writing. Fran

Hi Chase, thanks for the welcome. Your Space Vikings idea sounds like fun. Good luck with it. If you have been following the BBC series based on Bernard Cornwell's series of novels 'The Last Kingdom' you can get some great ideas for the culture even if it is set in the future and another world. OK they're Danes in the series but the same difference! Regards Fran

Hi Robinne, thanks for the welcome. Looks like you are just going into the summer down in NZ. Up here in France we are going into winter. No prizes for guessing which we in the northern latitudes prefer. Anyway it gives me the excuse to lock myself away in my garret with the fingerless gloves and work on my novels. Good luck with your projects. Fran

Welcome to the Colony, Fran. I lived in Hampshire for a few years—Andover and Portsmouth.

Hi Paul, before I moved to France I worked in Andover from 95-2001. I worked in Portsmouth from 83-88. I lived in Petersfield for a long time and I set my historical romance/action adventure series, Elbourne House, there but renamed it Martinsfield hoping that I wouldn't get taken to task by any pedant if I juggled around with the geography. Whybrow is an unusual name so I'm assuming that the Paul Whybrow on Amazon with a lot of publications is you. If so, well done, you are certainly prolific. Good luck with your future projects. Regards Fran

Hi Chase, thanks for the welcome. Your Space Vikings idea sounds like fun. Good luck with it. If you have been following the BBC series based on Bernard Cornwell's series of novels 'The Last Kingdom' you can get some great ideas for the culture even if it is set in the future and another world. OK they're Danes in the series but the same difference! Regards Fran

Thanks so much for the input. My wife just started watching that show so I'll sit down with her and give it a go! :D

Hi KG,

I'm an hour north of Toulouse and about two hours south east of Bordeaux. It's mainly fruit that's grown around here though most farmers have their own vineyards and make local wine. It's quiet. I have a neighbour three hundred metres down the road and another three hundred up the road. I love it here in France. I was in Hampshire before that for thirty years and I grew up in Lancashire (Rochdale) so you can guess why I moved to Hampshire! Good luck with your projects. Fran
Ha, you said metres. You wacky rest of the world, and you're not adopting our awesome measurement system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Graphic Novels...

P

DeepDown.

Back