Who Do You Write Like?

Figtrees of the Writer's Menagerie. Falling short. Oh heck

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrholland

Basic
Mar 19, 2018
Texas
The first thing to do, it says here, is go to Café Life and introduce yourself. Well, here goes ...

First Draft
Once upon a time, there was a writer, editor, and one-man record label living and working in London. But one day while traveling, he forgot to take a left turn at Albuquerque and completely lost his way. After far too many years working for Big Oil, he now lives as a penniless writer in the Houston floodlands with his two children, their annoying cats, and a whiteboard full of big ideas.

Second Draft
In the words of the bard, LR Holland tells lies for fun and profit. He writes in many genres--but never romance--and is currently considering a series of cozy mysteries set in the English countryside, but knows he's still more likely to end up with something YA or brutally noir.

Third Draft
I was encouraged to join Litopia by a friend who would no doubt prefer to remain anonymous. I like words and sentences and paragraphs. I also enjoy telling stories. Please don't throw sharp anything at me.

Welcome to the colony! I suspect we can all guess who your friend is, at least those of us who've been around for a while and know which other Texan here works in oil...but we'll keep it quiet for now and blackmail you both later with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Do You Write Like?

Figtrees of the Writer's Menagerie. Falling short. Oh heck

Back