Fanfare! OU course module results!

• Thread starter Thread starter Bernard Stacey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernard Stacey

Please forgive a bit of flag waving, but I'm rather pleased this evening. I am currently studying towards a BA in English Literature and Creative Writing with the OU - and taking my time due to my employer's wholly unreasonable demands that I attend work every day.

This evening, actually a week ahead of schedule, the OU posted results for my latest module which now completes the first of the three undergraduate years, and I have a distinction!

I'm on call tonight and so need to keep up a facade of sobriety but suspect I'll have a quiet glass or two tomorrow evening...

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

Well worth a mention too! :) wonderful achievent. Congratulations. It's always nice to celebrate each other's milestone. Creative writing eh? Gives me food for thought for a later stage. Cheers! :D

Well done! I did an OU degree a few years ago, so I know exactly how difficult it is to fit in the coursework around job, family, etc. Be proud!

Congratulations on your achievement. You could describe yourself as a philomath, which is an archaic word for a lover of learning or a scholar. I might put that down as my occupation, when I renew my passport.

Well done you! Was that for A215?
No - L161: the last of my level 1 modules.
Next year it's a course that is 'half-year equivalent of full-time study' in -guess what.... Creative Writing!
I guess I'll be busy on this forum asking for help!!

No - L161: the last of my level 1 modules.
Next year it's a course that is 'half-year equivalent of full-time study' in -guess what.... Creative Writing!
I guess I'll be busy on this forum asking for help!!
Hehe. I did A215 (Creative Writing) in 2013 ;)

I enjoyed it. I can't say I learned much, but it did get me into the habit of writing as often as I can. I hated the poetry bit (my tutor was um... yeah she was nice, but very VERY rigid) She hated my non conformity to her opinions of rigidity. Meh. However I used chapters 1 and 2 of For King and Country for my EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back