Newbie from Texas

Meet the Kindlepreneurs

How To Land A Literary Agent - free Kindle book

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

River_Writer

I'm the new kid on the block, and happy about finding a forum for writers. Basic facts: I live in Texas, although I'm hoping to move to a cooler climate soon. I work from home as a freelance writer/editor, but my true love lies in the creative writing I do, and I'm female.

I started writing as a kid, and have written on and off since then, including short stories, poetry, a play, and many abandoned attempts at novels. On New Years Day this year, I had a talk with myself. I finally made the switch in mindset so that I stopped rattling off excuses about why I couldn't write a full novel quite yet, and began the book that day. I have since finished it, along with several short stories, and have never felt more like my authentic self!

I look forward to getting to know the Litopians. :cool:

Welcome River to the colony. "Authentic" I like that, and the feeling of it makes you realise that "home" is writing what we are supposed to be writing. The act of writing gives that special feeling that we "belong.' ;)

Thanks for all the welcomes, and the birthday wishes! Makes a gal feel welcome.

Nicole, what part of Texas are you in? I'm in San Antonio. Grew up here, but also lived a few years in the DFW area.
David, 'rodeo' works, and we will also accept a 'herd of Texans'.

Thanks for all the welcomes, and the birthday wishes! Makes a gal feel welcome.

Nicole, what part of Texas are you in? I'm in San Antonio. Grew up here, but also lived a few years in the DFW area.
David, 'rodeo' works, and we will also accept a 'herd of Texans'.

I'm down in Houston - been here for the last 15 years, so I basically grew up here.

Riff Raff and Magenta?! Hello friend! Congratulations on getting that novel down and beating away the excuses. I look forward to chatting with you! :D

I'm the new kid on the block, and happy about finding a forum for writers. Basic facts: I live in Texas, although I'm hoping to move to a cooler climate soon. I work from home as a freelance writer/editor, but my true love lies in the creative writing I do, and I'm female.

I started writing as a kid, and have written on and off since then, including short stories, poetry, a play, and many abandoned attempts at novels. On New Years Day this year, I had a talk with myself. I finally made the switch in mindset so that I stopped rattling off excuses about why I couldn't write a full novel quite yet, and began the book that day. I have since finished it, along with several short stories, and have never felt more like my authentic self!

I look forward to getting to know the Litopians. :cool:
Welcome. Any particular river?

Thanks, Robinne, Marc & K.J.

Marc, in this case, the San Antonio River, but really I was looking for a name that encompassed water and writing, as well as sounded somewhat lyrical. That's what I came up with. For a few years, I lived less than an hour away from the Southfork Ranch (they shot exteriors there only).

I love rivers. And the sea. I am trying to put together a set of short stories with a river-ish theme.

There's something magical about water. If you believe some theories of human evolution [The Naked Ape], modern man evolved along coastal or riverine habitats, so maybe it's hard-wired into us.

I love rivers. And the sea. I am trying to put together a set of short stories with a river-ish theme.

There's something magical about water. If you believe some theories of human evolution [The Naked Ape], modern man evolved along coastal or riverine habitats, so maybe it's hard-wired into us.

Then you agree with E.E. Cummings:

'maggy and milly and molly and may'

maggy and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach(to play one day)

and maggie discovered a shell that sang
so sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles,and

milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;

and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:and

may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.

For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
its always ourselves we find in the sea

E. E. Cummings

I'm drawn to water. My novel takes place in a small coastal town in Texas (Nicole, it's Rockport - you been there?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meet the Kindlepreneurs

How To Land A Literary Agent - free Kindle book

Back