How to Not Write A Novel

M

Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2015
Texas, USA
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Litopia and really excited to be a part of this community. A little about myself: I live in Texas, USA (and I do both say and type "y'all" frequently - furthering the stereotype :cool:). I'm married to another author, which has been super helpful in my own writing career. I live in a teeny tiny apartment with two cats that I routinely have conflicting emotions about. ;)

In my writing life, I've written a bunch of short stories, three of which are published on Smashwords. While I enjoy short stories, I finally graduated to full-length novels (yippee!) about a year and a half ago and have written two crime thrillers, Deception and The Grudge. Both are in the process of being edited, though Deception is about a month away from being queried to agents. I am active in a writer's group and guild and super serious about eventually being a writer full-time (not that I don't like my current job *nervously checks around for my boss*).

Thrillers are my favorite to read and write. My short stories vary considerably over the genres (of the three that are published, I have a suspense, a children's superhero story, and an action/adventure), but my novels are and will likely all be thrillers/suspense. I also have a website (www.nicolewilsonauthor.com) that I update regularly.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@Island Writer My husband actually writes young adult fantasy, which is great because I'm a really competitive person so it would have been weird to have someone else who writes thrillers! But we have lots of great conversations as well - many a plot hole has been filled because he and I were bouncing ideas off each other. :)

No, we are both in the same boat. He's written many more novels than I have (a good six or seven,with two more in the making, and something like thirty more ideas), but he hasn't sent any of them out to agents just yet. He and I are researching agents together. We shall see who comes up first! :)

Hello, Nicole. I'm a newbie as well, both in terms of this group and writing for a market.
There's plenty to learn, and plenty to share. I think this group is one of those 'get out what you put in' things and it's helped me a lot so far.
Look forward to congratulating you on your first big deal!

Welcome to the colony as well Nicole. Must be great to have a partner like that, even better that he doesn't write in the same genre'. Hope you find an agent soon, writing the novels is the first step, having people read them, is the ultimate goal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Not Write A Novel

M

Greetings!

Back