Fanfare! LITFEST 2023

Dates for LITFEST

• Total voters

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets go for the dates 22nd of April; it feels like destiny that Robinne will be in the UK that weekend too! We'll plan the 22nd (Saturday) and then if Robinne can make it to London we can have an impromptu day 2 on the Sunday. But let's just aim for the first day, and trust that everything will transpire in its own perfect way, as it always does :)

SO; LITFEST IS ON THE 22ND OF APRIL 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go for the dates 22nd of April; it feels like destiny that Robinne will be in the UK that weekend too! We'll plan the 22nd (Saturday) and then if Robinne can make it to London we can have an impromptu day 2 on the Sunday. But let's just aim for the first day, and trust that everything will transpire in its own perfect way, as it always does :)

SO; LITFEST IS ON THE 22ND OF APRIL 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweet. Buying my tickets tonight

All set :) arriving early Friday morning. Maybe y'all can give me some good half-day adventures / things to do in London. Or I'll just wander. Which I really like to do, too.

Have you ever been slung in the street out of a pub before?? This trip promises lots of new experiences, does it not...
I have actually been kicked out of a pub before ... for not drinking enough. Bunch of local mums met at the pub one evening back when my kids were little. Of course we all had to drive home, and none of us were big drinkers anyway, with little kids in the house. So we were nursing our tonic and limes for hours. We were the only ones in our small rural pub, and the publican kicked us out so he could go home early. LOL!

It shall, indeed :)

I'll take over a sod of turf and we can burn it, sniff it and sing some tunes from the old homestead (that's if I'm not arrested for smuggling in not only a cake, but a large, suspicious looking fibrous lump of earth)
Emily,

Wife and I will be in Ireland the week before or after, not sure yet. Staying at Fiztpatrick Castle, Dublin.

Emily,

Wife and I will be in Ireland the week before or after, not sure yet. Staying at Fiztpatrick Castle, Dublin.

No way James!! I came home from that VERY hotel yesterday, where my brother got married! What a coincidence :) It is a really beautiful place to stay, even if you never ventured beyond Killiney village. We might have to do an Irish Litfest offshoot so!!

No way James!! I came home from that VERY hotel yesterday, where my brother got married! What a coincidence :) It is a really beautiful place to stay, even if you never ventured beyond Killiney village. We might have to do an Irish Litfest offshoot so!!
OMG! That's where the wedding was? It's literally just down the road from my parents' house which is on Claremont Road.

Count me in! Would love an excuse to finally visit Ireland!

Yes :) My new SIL is from there, her family - in true Irish style- were most likely your neighbours!!!!
!!! Where do they live? Bet I know the street. Our street's opposite Killiney Hill Park.

I went to The Holy Child School, Killiney. That was a looong time ago, but it was a great school back then.

I would recommend White Rock beach at the bottom of the hill for kiddies. It's much sandier than Killiney beach.

(Enya lives in Killiney. She built herself a Castle very close to the hill.)

I have never been to the USA, though people who have tell me that New York is by far the most expensive place.
I think that there are places that are far more expensive than NYC as a whole. How about Aspen, Colorado? Or the whole state of Hawaii? BTW ... I have relatives in Finchley, London and that costs more than any of them.

However ... I grew up in Queens and had to leave because of the cost of living. I visit a couple of days a month and am always shocked. I'd say more, but it would be straight from my in-progress memoir and that belongs in another section of this board.

We could do the American meetup here in Lancaster, PA. Food and housing are much cheaper than in NYC, but getting here costs much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Back