Fanfare! LITFEST 2023

Dates for LITFEST

• Total voters

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2019, the beautiful @Barbara and myself organised the first ever LITFEST where a group of us Litopians met, ate plenty, drank far too much, had mighty craic and fantastic conversation... (not forgetting to mention: much cake).

We plan on doing it again! (having been thwarted a couple of times over the past three years, thanks to The Unmentionable Thing).

We are thinking: LONDON, SPRING 2023. I know it is a long way away, but for those who are planning on flying in again or perhaps coming over to the UK on holidays, maybe we could all coordinate? (having The Sausage Story told in person would complete my life, @Eva Ulian )

If you are interested, -even vaguely- can you perhaps register your interest below, so we have an idea of how we can coordinate to suit the majority, and maybe even make it an entire weekend of partying, beer and pizza sensible writerly conversation, sparkling water and nibbling on crackers and grapes.

Wooooo-hoooooooooooooo!!!! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clinking-beer-mugs::pizza::clinking-glasses::shortcake:
Wow! We are planning a trip to Ireland with three days in London. When you get the dates, let us know. We hope to start planning this within the next couple months.

DATES.

Easter Sunday is on the 9th of April. Sooooooo, shall we go for end of March/start of April (Saturday 1st April) or end of April (22nd or 29th April)?

Let me know what you think and we'll get ALL the balls moving to make this happen :)

(Have to plan the cake, y'know...)
cake.PNG

Bear in mind that schools tend to break up a week before Easter and go back a week after. So, 1st April and the days immediately before and after will be busy on public transport and motorways. A week before or two weeks after would be much quieter.

Personally, I am really flexible. The only non-movable feasts for me happen in August and November. I am looking for a day job, though if I get one that requires weekend work, I can book the time off way in advance, so no problems.

(Have to plan the cake, y'know...)
cake.PNG
Make sure one of the tiers is curryish (or simply slip a naan inside) for @Jonny .

Re dates - I can do most.

But a curry tier in the cake is non-negotiable and a dealbreaker.

:hot-pepper::hot-pepper::hot-pepper:

The Curry tier.... Hmmmmmmm. But for you, Jonny-Óg, I shall be exciting (careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Count me in. Been a few years since I've been in London. Been a few years since I've left the house.
Eurostar won't let me reserve anything for months yet, so just let me know.
This is a great idea. Of course, the odds are that before Spring, Monkey Pox will wipe us out, or maybe it will be Marderschaden. Or, it might just be curry cake.
But this sounds fun.

Food suggestion: How about Ravi Shankar's all-you-can-eat curry buffet on Drummond St, near Euston station? Loads of vegan options, and they have fruit salad and other light options, for those who can't take too much curry. Beer, wine and mango juice, to drink (all the food groups). Not too busy on Saturday afternoons. It's been there since forever.

Food suggestion: How about Ravi Shankar's all-you-can-eat curry buffet on Drummond St, near Euston station? Loads of vegan options, and they have fruit salad and other light options, for those who can't take too much curry. Beer, wine and mango juice, to drink (all the food groups). Not too busy on Saturday afternoons. It's been there since forever.
Very close to one of my old go-tos in London, Great Nepal, or Great Nepalese, in any case, great.

This is getting very exciting!!! If anyone else from far flung places, that may be considering/have planned a trip over, have definite dates, can you let me know (@E G Logan , @Rich. , @AnnieSummerlee ???)
I need to find somewhere/someone to look after the dog. She is a bit calmer since she's been on the hash biscuits, but she has bitten six people so far this year – mostly bin men and the post lady – which makes potential solutions more limited.

Whole new twist on 'rescue dog' – this is a dog from whom people need to be rescued.

But I need to work on it. So, provisionally, yes. And I'll check out the pistachio cream provision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll Zodiac Signs of Litopia

Question: Shall We Stop ChatGPT From Visiting the Colony?

Back