Finally found a way to sell ebooks from website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
No printing this out to throw darts at!

10981396_1020819691266596_8807768375656852618_n.jpg

Apart from Minerva Cinch, have there been any other notable fictional literary agents? Googling this question, in many different ways, proves the inadequacy of search engines, as it produces thousands of results on how to find an agent + lots on Harper Lee.

I must admit, that after eight months of submitting to literary agents, I toyed with the idea of writing a crime novel called 'Who Is Murdering The Literary Agents of Olde London Towne?', as at least this would raise my chances of hearing something back from them!

It's kind of been done before though, in the 1973 horror film 'Theatre of Blood.' This starred Vincent Price as a wronged Shakespearean actor on the vengeance trail to punish the theatre critics who had ridiculed his performances. The whole film is available on YouTube, and it's deliciously camp fun, but here's the trailer for it:

Then there's Casting the Runes...a rune curse unleashed against a book reviewer. Quite creepy, it made my mother very nervous of runes for a while. Now she knows them a little better, she's still wary but has them inscribed on a stone in her back garden. Heh.

The rune of writers and writing is the rune of Odin, ANSUZ. It is the rune which gives us the word ANSWER.

MR James @Marc Joan (A creepy little film follows 'Casting the Runes.')

Last edited:
Then there's Casting the Runes...a rune curse unleashed against a book reviewer. Quite creepy, it made my mother very nervous of runes for a while. Now she knows them a little better, she's still wary but has them inscribed on a stone in her back garden. Heh.

The rune of writers and writing is the rune of Odin, ANSUZ. It is the rune which gives us the word ANSWER.

MR James @Marc Joan (A creepy little film follows 'Casting the Runes.')
I was just about to ask if it was the same as the MRJ story....it's a good one.

Well, I never knew they re-shot Casting The Runes in that (ah, rather cheesy) sixties/seventies way. I adore the earlier black and white film Night of the Demon by Jacques Tourneur, it’s gorgeously atmospheric and one of my favourite noir films of all time. The underlying story by MR James is brilliant, too.

Jacques Tourneur was a masterful director. I recall watching his 1942 Cat People as a young boy, feeling the hairs rise on the back of my neck as the naive heroine is stalked by the shape-shifting villainess, who has transformed into a big cat. She seeks refuge in a swimming pool, and though you never get to see the creature, the suspense is palpable (great acting by the kitten):

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

What is everone reading now?

Finally found a way to sell ebooks from website

Back