How about that? Prehistoric fairy stories

J

Hello-hello out there in internet land!

Daily Word Counts of Famous Authors

Status
Not open for further replies.
KG, I read some research that equates Gilgamesh with the sudden melting-through of a huge post-glacial ice dam in the Urals, which swept a wall of water down upon the Black Sea. It was enough to raise the sea levels to engulf entire ancient cities and villages. There was a similar event that took place in Southern Montana at the end of the last Glacial Age, as well. Tolkien was one of those who believed that folk tales reflect on ancient actual events, though obviously interpreted by the age in which it took place.

Things that we take for granted today, such as an aluminum clad saute pan, would have been thought to have come from sorcery or alchemy even as recently as the Dark Ages. Swords produced in what is now Germany using a refined carbon steel in 3000 degree crucibles were thought at the time to be enchanted. Oddly enough it has taken until quite recently for blacksmiths to reproduce the ancient technology that produced the steel used in the Ulfbehrt blades of Viking swords.

KG, I read some research that equates Gilgamesh with the sudden melting-through of a huge post-glacial ice dam in the Urals, which swept a wall of water down upon the Black Sea. It was enough to raise the sea levels to engulf entire ancient cities and villages. There was a similar event that took place in Southern Montana at the end of the last Glacial Age, as well. Tolkien was one of those who believed that folk tales reflect on ancient actual events, though obviously interpreted by the age in which it took place.

Things that we take for granted today, such as an aluminum clad saute pan, would have been thought to have come from sorcery or alchemy even as recently as the Dark Ages. Swords produced in what is now Germany using a refined carbon steel in 3000 degree crucibles were thought at the time to be enchanted. Oddly enough it has taken until quite recently for blacksmiths to reproduce the ancient technology that produced the steel used in the Ulfbehrt blades of Viking swords.
It is thought, if I remember correctly, that the legend of Caledfwlch (better-known as Excalibur) comes from a sword of meteoric iron, or high-carbon steel existing in an age consisting only of iron use. Such a weapon is remembered 15 centuries later as bestowed by God.

Yes, I think you are right Richard. I read something about the origins of flood stories in Mesopotainia being linked to flooding of the black sea and the northern coast of Antaloia / Turkey. Also, Arkadia, a kingdom and culture just after Sumerian culture originated in what we know today as Northern Syria and Kurdistan, Also the birth place of Abraham. Arkadia was very much like Rome is to Greece. It adopted the old gods and customes, but re-named them, and who came from Arkadia in the bible? Abraham. The tragedy of Syria and Iraq is that they truly are the cradles of civilisation, before Sanskrit in India and Indus valley cultures or Nile cultures.

When it comes to swords, probably I do not know so much Jason....BUT... in a post apocolypse world, without any modern technology, one of the first things you would need to know how to do is to make charcole, so you can smelt iron ore at the right temperature to make iron.

And if I was doing that, I would probably quench the sword in the blood of my enemies, hahahahha

Played first three seconds — will return shortly. Busy being dazzled.

Also transferring utilities services to new apartment.

It is thought, if I remember correctly, that the legend of Caledfwlch (better-known as Excalibur) comes from a sword of meteoric iron, or high-carbon steel existing in an age consisting only of iron use. Such a weapon is remembered 15 centuries later as bestowed by God.

Ex Calibur...made by the 'Caliban'; greatest sword smiths of their age.

A witch; @busineverse (?) a man who also does business readings, remarked on twitter the other day, that the fairy tales are all descended from older bardic stories. Certainly, they got sanitized on the way down but they're still strong stuff when one thinks about it.

A witch; @busineverse (?) a man who also does business readings, remarked on twitter the other day, that the fairy tales are all descended from older bardic stories. Certainly, they got sanitized on the way down but they're still strong stuff when one thinks about it.

Most religions, pre-history where based on Female deity worship - Mother Earth personafied in the female form. Thus, high priestesses were the conduits between the human world and heaven. Sacred sex and copulation were a way of transfering from one medium to the other. In essence, the history of human religion is probably over 90% based on female dominated concepts. When male dominance in religion took over, females were reduced to 'witches'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Hello-hello out there in internet land!

Daily Word Counts of Famous Authors

Back