Hot choc and friends please...

May We Escape This Fate: Awful Library Books

Now, Snoopy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

do do Ron Ron

Hello everyone!
Utter newbie here. I was an actor (for about a minute) years ago, but lacked the absolute selfish drive to go with my ability in order to make a career of it. Chose marriage instead and consigned my creative instincts to the past, fully expecting to have regrets one day. That day never came and, given 'the industry' was in my DNA I couldn't work out why. Fast forward twenty plus years and, as with SOOOOO many others before me, I acknowledged an itch I couldn't scratch.....I realised I wanted to write something. Mid life crisis? I knew it wasn't that. A need to vent the latent creative juices I abandoned years before? Definitely. But I was utterly unprepared for the effect writing was to have upon me.
Now, six months after starting chapter 1 of my MS, I'm looking for a literary agent, I'm writing two screen plays and a six part (very dark) comedy series.
All of my efforts may end up on my laptop, read only by me, who knows. But the drive I was looking for as a twenty year old has been found and channeled.
What larks ehh?

Welcome! I too have the first draft of a screenplay done -- abandoned due to weak dialogue and rubbish plot -- so we should compare notes some time.

Welcome! I too have the first draft of a screenplay done -- abandoned due to weak dialogue and rubbish plot -- so we should compare notes some time.
Hi Marc (or Joan...sorry, not sure??). Love to! I enjoyed writing the book, but found it hard work at times. The screenplay (of the book( by comparison I am finding much more suited to the way I think...or perhaps 'see' things. You?

Welcome to the friendliest and wisest writing forum in the universe. I'm originally from Stevenage, just down the road from you. Creative urges are seeds that lay dormant taking years to germinate—good to hear yours are in full growth.

Thanks for all your replies, I feel very welcome.

Welcome to the friendliest and wisest writing forum in the universe. I'm originally from Stevenage, just down the road from you. Creativurges are seeds that lay dormant taking years to germinate—good to hear yours are in full growth.
Hi Paul, Stevenage educated me so (no matter how hard I tr y) I can't deny it's part in my making! Thanks for your welcome.

Hello :) What larks, indeed. More than one way for letting rip a genie in a bottle.
Hi Marc (or Joan...sorry, not sure??). Love to! I enjoyed writing the book, but found it hard work at times. The screenplay (of the book( by comparison I am finding much more suited to the way I think...or perhaps 'see' things. You?
Hi again. I'm about a third way through the screenplay (measured in time). of the MS I'm looking for an agent for and love writing it. Not sure I would have been able to create it without first writing the book. Not suggesting you try that of course! But with such a complete story at my disposal, plot strength was necessarily sorted out first. Your experience?

A screenwriter suggested I turn a short story into a script. The same short story, an agent tried- and failed- to place with a TV company looking for drama material. I suppose I have it logged as business pending or unfinished business, but then a novel took over the head space.

Hello Ron, welcome, and hope you enjoy the ambience.;):)

A screenwriter suggested I turn a short story into a script. The same short story, an agent tried- and failed- to place with a TV company looking for drama material. I suppose I have it logged as business pending or unfinished business, but then a novel took over the head space.
Do you find it difficult to write multiple projects at once?

Hello Ron, welcome, and hope you enjoy the ambience.;):)
Thanks Madeleine! Yes, feeling a pleasant bohemian vibe; not sure if I should stick to hot choc (don't do coffee or tea) or switch to something more....entertaining (banana daiquiri perhaps?)

I can write blogs and short stories parallel, but when it comes to a novel, I suppose I do.
You clearly have way more experience than I. Great to get some perspective from someone with a cannon. Right now I'm finding I'm ideas rich (hence so many projects underway) but contact..less! Need to get the MS polished before I really begin pushing it. The dark comedy I've sent to BBC writers room & I'm really enjoying writing this.

You clearly have way more experience than I. Great to get some perspective from someone with a cannon. Right now I'm finding I'm ideas rich (hence so many projects underway) but contact..less! Need to get the MS polished before I really begin pushing it. The dark comedy I've sent to BBC writers room & I'm really enjoying writing this.

Love a dark comedy.

Welcome, and yes it happens. Lots of things happen, but writing mostly ;)

Welcome! This is a great place to hang out and share the ups and downs of writing with others. We've got wine and beer over at the Agony Aunt thread at the moment...and there's always cake. ;) Everyone else is sick of my cakes, but here's one just for you.
pumpkincakesm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

May We Escape This Fate: Awful Library Books

Now, Snoopy ...

Back