Hot choc and friends please...

May We Escape This Fate: Awful Library Books

Now, Snoopy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome.

Love that description. Would it be as dark as what a blind turtle would see if it looks at the sky through the eye of a needle on a moonless night? :cool:

Querying is hell, but also fun assuming you have some serious sadistic bone in your body. I think most would-be authors have. Why else would we keep on writing, despite getting rejection after rejection?

Anyway you are in the right place.

Hi again. I'm about a third way through the screenplay (measured in time). of the MS I'm looking for an agent for and love writing it. Not sure I would have been able to create it without first writing the book. Not suggesting you try that of course! But with such a complete story at my disposal, plot strength was necessarily sorted out first. Your experience?
I thin it would have been a better screenplay had I first written it as a book/story. All that beat-sheet stuff did not come naturally to me. I think the concept is original, and there is some good humour in there [it pleases me, anyway] but it needs an awful lot of work on the dialogue and plot. One day.

Welcome! This is a great place to hang out and share the ups and downs of writing with others. We've got wine and beer over at the Agony Aunt thread at the moment...and there's always cake. ;) Everyone else is sick of my cakes, but here's one just for you.
View attachment 1338
Welcome! This is a great place to hang out and share the ups and downs of writing with others. We've got wine and beer over at the Agony Aunt thread at the moment...and there's always cake. ;) Everyone else is sick of my cakes, but here's one just for you.
View attachment 1338
Thanks for the cake! I used to be in the cake business actually! So appreciate all things cakey (the more chocolaty the better. In fact there isn't enough choc in the world for me). Will have a gander at the AA thread.:)

Welcome Ron! Your avatar reminds me of someone from Monty Python. From what I read you are just as crazy and inventive. LOL
James, that's a nice and encouraging thing to say. I appreciate it. Here's one for everyone; I am yet to get the interest of an agent, never mind a publishing deal. I'd give a lot for someone to say to me: "it's great, lets get together" (obviously) or "It needs work, but it's got potential", or even "It's crap, don't give up the day job". Then I'd have a fix on where I am. Alas, all I'm getting so far is wishy washy stuff. Collective experience in this aspect greatly appreciated...

James, that's a nice and encouraging thing to say. I appreciate it. Here's one for everyone; I am yet to get the interest of an agent, never mind a publishing deal. I'd give a lot for someone to say to me: "it's great, lets get together" (obviously) or "It needs work, but it's got potential", or even "It's crap, don't give up the day job". Then I'd have a fix on where I am. Alas, all I'm getting so far is wishy washy stuff. Collective experience in this aspect greatly appreciated...
Yeah, that's pretty much what we all get. Having beta readers helps. I also paid for professional assessments on my first two novels, which were very helpful--like a highly personalised writing workshop focused only on my weaknesses. From agents and publishers, 99.999% of 'feedback' is form letters or crickets chirping in the silence.

When you've been around Litopia for a while, the Houses will appear. This is where we post our works in progress (or parts of them) in order to get feedback from one another. I've found the feedback here very helpful.

Thanks for the cake! I used to be in the cake business actually! So appreciate all things cakey (the more chocolaty the better. In fact there isn't enough choc in the world for me). Will have a gander at the AA thread.:)

Unfortunately, chocolate is in danger of dissappearing. Just thinking about that possibility makes me nervous. :(

Hello Ron. Not at all. I´m constantly jumping from one project to another. It keeps boredom away. The downside is that you never finish anything.
I hear that!
Good to hear writing multiple projects at once is not unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

May We Escape This Fate: Awful Library Books

Now, Snoopy ...

Back