• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Hello, it's me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mariedasflores

Hi! I may look a tad like Adele I don't sing quite as well. Good thing then I chose to be a writer!
I am a French native and I've been writing forever in my mother-tongue, I even published a novel last year, a bitter romance called "L". I've always loved the English language and lived a few years in UK but I only recently tried to write in English. I finished a novel (a romance again, but on a bubbly, fun side this time) but as a non-native speaker, I don't feel very confident with the text and I have no idea what it's really worth and how to polish it so I came here, hoping to find support and positive advises/comments to improve.
Very sight to join this community and hoping to read from a lot of new people! :D

Cheers

Marie

Welcome. I look forward to reading some of your material. I speak French, German and Welsh - none of them well, but enough to become fascinated by how culture and geography shape language and how language shapes culture.

Welcome! I used to work in Geneva, and still have a bit of French, but nothing like as good as your English clearly is. Well done for trying to write in a second language - there are some excellent precedents, eg Conrad. :)

Hello :) Congratulations on finishing un roman written in another langue. That's already quite an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back