Greetings from Robert C Day (please, call me Robert)

Great rejections of the past

RSL Awards and Prizes Open for Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the colony! As you've already noticed, we're a chatty bunch. Just so you know, coffee and tea are down the hall on the left, the bar on the right. You'll find cake pretty much everywhere (follow the trails of crumbs). And in case of fire, earthquake, or other natural disaster, the assembly point is outside in the carpark (do try to save the cake...).

Welcome to the Colony Robert.

Ask me questions and you shall receive answers. Tell me to be brief and I'll do that too.
In that case, may I ask:
In the dark corners of my bag, sandwich
What kind of sandwich was it? I'd love to know. No reason other than to be nosey. And could I have the long description, please, not the brief one?

Anyway, nice to meet you. As you can see, I'm one of the Guardians. Don't worry, we're not teeth fletching guard dogs. We're more like fluffy kittens who endeavour to keep the site a safe heaven for everyone. We're here to help. Any woes (sandwich related if you must) feel free to contact us. Carol is keeping an eye on the main forum, Rich on the Writing Groups, Chase is your techie man, and Seashore and I set the Flash Club challenges. (I hope to see you there. - This month is SiFi, so get cracking, young man.) If I ever say something weird, don't worry, I'm a foreign chick, and every so often I have a linguistically challenged moment.

My short stories …. they would lump themselves under 'weird'. They're mostly about how people would react if something strange happened to them.
I have to say that sounds rather interesting. Have you approached a novel this way?

By the way, if the sore spots in your ears don't clear up, you might want to experiment with listening to audiobooks. I reckon some children's bedtime story will soothe things down nicely.

York is rather nice, isn't it.

Oh, and good luck finding a photo of Del. I hope you didn't make it your life's quest.

And one final question for the day: What exactly did happen? (I'm referring to your photo, of course)

Then there are "Guardians", and when I first came here I asked if they were there to kick me out if I misbehaved- I really didn't know. And yes that's what they do- warn if we step out of line and not follow what is laid down in the Prime Directive.
We're forum moderators, just like any other forum, not dictators. This place is remarkably civilised for an online community, so our job is mostly about offering help. We don't bite!

Welcome to Litopia, Robert! :)

@Carol Rose keeps us in line if needed, but that's not often :)

Then there are "Guardians", and when I first came here I asked if they were there to kick me out if I misbehaved- I really didn't know. And yes that's what they do- warn if we step out of line and not follow what is laid down in the Prime Directive.

I'll reiterate what @Barbara and @Rich. said. Our function as Guardians isn't punitive. It's to help people find their way around here, and to ensure this is a safe and encouraging haven for everyone.

If you haven't already done so, @robertcday, please be sure to check out the Colony Notices forum. It details everything you need to know about Litopia, and will give you a nice overview of the benefits here. We look forward to your contributions to the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great rejections of the past

RSL Awards and Prizes Open for Submissions

Back