Fanfare! FULL MS Request

Researching Language For Historical Fiction

P

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys all so much. Y'all are so incredibly supportive! I'll keep you posted, but the response time for fulls is 10-12 weeks so it may be a while :)

Well it's definitely good news if they take long...mine took two weeks lol...to pass off the opportunity to represent me ;) :D

So longer the better - at least they're still considering it. Keep on submitting...and writing.

I wondered what that noise was. Don't usually hear it here in the UK...
Best of luck now. Remember us in your Nobel acceptance speech.

I hear that pounding your fists and waving your hands a lot helps in speeches.

latest

Jason, who is that crazy-eyed woman in the picture you posted???
Hmm? Oh, that's...

Callista Gingrich, president of Gingrich Productions, and wife of former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and 2012 Republican Presidential candidate, Satan — I mean — Newt Gingrich.

Apparently she looks like that all the time.

LOL!!! I used to teach a kid whose mum was like that All... The... Time o_O
You know that way when you don't quite know if it's safe to look them directly in the eye... or whether you should always carry a mirror or something lol. She didn't really talk much, just... yeah...

Sad day today. After sending a follow-up email last night (it had been a week after her due date), I received a very nice personalized rejection this morning. She basically said she was excited about the premise but didn't feel connected with the characters. She wished me best of luck with my search for another agent.

*sigh* Guess I'll submit like 15 more queries tonight to take off some of the pain.

Last edited:
:(
Am feeling your pain here too. I hope to dilute some of yours.

You know they say a child who is hurt once needs 3 positives to rebalance them to neutral. Does that makes sense? Hoping I'm not doing a Sheldon here but your point about multiple queries to counter the pain reminded me of that.

:(
Am feeling your pain here too. I hope to dilute some of yours.

You know they say a child who is hurt once needs 3 positives to rebalance them to neutral. Does that makes sense? Hoping I'm not doing a Sheldon here but your point about multiple queries to counter the pain reminded me of that.
:) No I love data and little statistics like that. Thanks. :)

It's hard. I had a do like that. But it was a big buying signal! Now you know you're doing plenty right. Fingers crossed for another one very soon!
Thank you - it was my first full request (which was cool all in itself), so, though I was really hoping, statistically, it's not a terrible sign. And so far, she's been the only person to say that about the characters. I'm holding my head high (though a little beaten inside) and am going to keep submitting unless I hear more responses of the same nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Researching Language For Historical Fiction

P

Hi

Back