• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Service Update BASIC MEMBERS: PLEASE MOVE YOUR MEMBERSHIP TO THE NEW SYSTEM NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
United-Nations
As you probably know, we’ve been busy setting up a new membership system for Litopia that will greatly increase potential benefits to all members.

Our new membership system is now live. We need you to register.

The instructions below only apply to Basic (free) Members. We’ll be posting (and emailing) instructions for Full Members in the next few days.

When you’ve moved your membership to our new system you will have two logins.

1) Your Colony login. This remains exactly the same as at the moment. You will continue to use the same member name, the same password, and the same link to log in to the Colony, colony.litopia.com/login/

2) Your Account Portal. This is new - and this is what we need you to set up now, as below.

*** These instructions only apply to Basic (free) Members. Full Members should wait for further instructions ***

Please set up a new password for your Account Portal:​

Click on this link to set up your Account Portal password

Enter either your Colony user name - or the exact email address you used to register with the Colony.

In a few moments, you’ll receive an email with a link to set your new Account Password. Click on that link, choose a new Account Password and select “Update Password”.

Now you’ll be taken to your new Account Portal. You can do a lot here – see that interesting “Courses” item in the menu? – but for now just bookmark the Account Portal page in your browser.

That’s it!

You’ll be able to access promotions, discounts, coupons to give away to friends from your Account Portal. You’ll also have access to new services and facilities such as online courses… And you’ll be able to change your membership plan (e.g. from monthly to yearly) and get full credit on any unused portion of the old membership. All of these benefits are new.

Problems?

Ask below :)

I had an email, welcoming me as a new member to the colony and encouraging me to make my first post. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

So here you go, my first post.

mail GIF

I had an email, welcoming me as a new member to the colony and encouraging me to make my first post. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

So here you go, my first post.

mail GIF
I know, sorry! You'll get the full induction series of emails, I'm afraid, i think everyone will.
I like your first post :)

That's a nuisance. It will come from the .litopia.com address. Is it possible to whitelist that domain in your email program? What do you use?
Well, I tried again (twice), and I get all the other emails (including your recent one about time zones), just not the one needed to set up my password.

Well, I tried again (twice), and I get all the other emails (including your recent one about time zones), just not the one needed to set up my password.
Just sent you a test email, did you get it?
Emails from the new system come from a new email address - noreply@litopia.com. can you try whitelisting that exact address, pls?
:) p.

As you probably know, we’ve been busy setting up a new membership system for Litopia that will greatly increase potential benefits to all members.

Our new membership system is now live. We need you to register.

The instructions below only apply to Basic (free) Members. We’ll be posting (and emailing) instructions for Full Members in the next few days.

When you’ve moved your membership to our new system you will have two logins.

1) Your Colony login. This remains exactly the same as at the moment. You will continue to use the same member name, the same password, and the same link to log in to the Colony, colony.litopia.com/login/

2) Your Account Portal. This is new - and this is what we need you to set up now, as below.

*** These instructions only apply to Basic (free) Members. Full Members should wait for further instructions ***

Please set up a new password for your Account Portal:​

Click on this link to set up your Account Portal password

Enter either your Colony user name - or the exact email address you used to register with the Colony.

In a few moments, you’ll receive an email with a link to set your new Account Password. Click on that link, choose a new Account Password and select “Update Password”.

Now you’ll be taken to your new Account Portal. You can do a lot here – see that interesting “Courses” item in the menu? – but for now just bookmark the Account Portal page in your browser.

That’s it!

You’ll be able to access promotions, discounts, coupons to give away to friends from your Account Portal. You’ll also have access to new services and facilities such as online courses… And you’ll be able to change your membership plan (e.g. from monthly to yearly) and get full credit on any unused portion of the old membership. All of these benefits are new.

Problems?

Ask below :)
I clicked on the link for the account portal it sent me to a password reset page asking for my email which I did. I got the link, reset the email and ended up back here. Looks the same so I don't see an account portal or anything different. Just saying, it didn't seem to do anything.

PS: I received the Please Activate Your Account Portal email and followed the set up your Account Portal password link, and then received an email with a password-reset link which led me to a blue screen with Litopia's logo on it, a CAPTCHA button in the bottom left corner, and nothing else.

And only after that did I find this thread directed at basic members, which I'm not.

So... is there anything I need to do? (And sorry for my confusion.)

No, I think you're just fine :)
I still haven't managed to do it. I received the Please Activate Your Account Portal email and followed the set up your Account Portal password link, e. It tells me to Request Password Reset. I put in my user name (I have also tried with my email address). It tells me : Successfully requested password reset. Please click on the confirmation link that was just sent to your address. But no link ever arrived at my email address. I did receive your test email, but that is all.

I still haven't managed to do it. I received the Please Activate Your Account Portal email and followed the set up your Account Portal password link, e. It tells me to Request Password Reset. I put in my user name (I have also tried with my email address). It tells me : Successfully requested password reset. Please click on the confirmation link that was just sent to your address. But no link ever arrived at my email address. I did receive your test email, but that is all.
The password reset email is being caught by your email provider's spam filter.
Nudge me tomorrow Rachel and I'll do it manually. :) p.

Please sort me out manually o_O;)
My 'spam' is called 'Quarantaine' and the only thing Litopia-related in there is an email from 29 October, entitled 'Got your Gush'. So it is a mystery.
Lots of love,
Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back