A Very Different Book Video

Consider yourself privileged

A group of unpublished authors is called a ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
In case you were wondering what I've been up to (you weren't, but I can delude myself)... here it is.

"Book videos don't work" is the standard mantra in conventional publishing circles. And it's partly true - they mostly get tiny viewer numbers, e.g. mega-star Tom Hiddleston reading - 6k views, Ian McEwan a microscopic 171 views, and so on.

Well, we set out to explode that particular myth. See what you think - and please - SHARE it!

I love it! A similar viral marketing campaign was constructed for the new Carrie film and these immersive experiences are a bit risky for the organisers but for the viewers it's ace. I would rather be a viewer than a participant :D

I read it the other night.

Setting fascinating, story, horrible while painting -not preaching- a great moral. I recommend the read. Have shared it all over the show.

Which place would wild horses have the best chance of dragging me to? Kangchenjunga or Gruhuken?

Uhhhhhhh.

I had a telephone call recently, 8.30 on a Saturday evening. A lady almost in tears wanting me to help her.

'There's something in the house', she said. 'We're all in the sitting room, me, me partner and the kids. We daren't go the toilet. Can you come over and do something?'

I am not a medium, and I couldn't go over but of course, I did do something. The distress was very real.

It's very unsettling when you have an unexplained manifestation of that kind, even if it isn't threatening.

Last edited:
I read it the other night.

Setting fascinating, story, horrible while painting -not preaching- a great moral. I recommend the read. Have shared it all over the show.

Which place would wild horses have the best chance of dragging me to? Kangchenjunga or Gruhuken?

Uhhhhhhh.

I had a telephone call recently, 8.30 on a Saturday evening. A lady almost in tears wanting me to help her.

'There's something in the house', she said. 'We're all in the sitting room, me, me partner and the kids. We daren't go the toilet. Can you come over and do something?'

I am not a medium, and I couldn't go over but of course, I did do something. The distress was very real.

It's very unsettling when you have an unexplained manifestation of that kind, even if it isn't threatening.

It's unnerving when you hear about even more so when those close to you experience somethings that can't be conventionally understood or 'seen'.

I experienced something once, nasty in a similar while far less dramatic way to the narrator in Thin Air, as with Dark Matter.

A pretty farmhouse in Suffolk. I was eighteen and don't remember ever being more physically afraid for 'no reason.'

It was what the classically trained archaeologist and later paranormal investigator, TC Lethbridge termed 'a ghoul'.

A terrible feeling, often in the aftermath of some event.

Many years later I found out something that MIGHT have 'explained' the phenomenon in the Suffolk holiday cottage.

Some place do not want us there. Like those mountains. And bad things CAN leave traces in the ether, which Michelle Paver excellently conveys in these two novels.

Yes, yes. Those too.

We'll take your word for it, Robinne.

I smelled gas once, got called all manner of rude things by Il Matrimonio. Why? Because he did not smell it, therefore I was imagining things.

I called the gas company who found the leak.

Same for other things.

I experienced something once, nasty in a similar while far less dramatic way to the narrator in Thin Air, as with Dark Matter.

A pretty farmhouse in Suffolk. I was eighteen and don't remember ever being more physically afraid for 'no reason.'

It was what the classically trained archaeologist and later paranormal investigator, TC Lethbridge termed 'a ghoul'.

A terrible feeling, often in the aftermath of some event.

Many years later I found out something that MIGHT have 'explained' the phenomenon in the Suffolk holiday cottage.

Some place do not want us there. Like those mountains. And bad things CAN leave traces in the ether, which Michelle Paver excellently conveys in these two novels.

In a world that is conditioned to focus on the outer human senses sometimes it's difficult to communicate these 'issues' using external tools alone.

OMG - that's so funny! If they weren't actors, I would be interested to know how the guy who was pushed into a stack if books took it when he was let in on the prank. :p

In a world that is conditioned to focus on the outer human senses sometimes it's difficult to communicate these 'issues' using external tools alone.

It's impossible. You encounter it or you don't.

Except for when it is a verbal situation, especially in 'real time' when what is sensed by such means can be validated; which is a very common occurrence indicative of a widespread innate human capability.

Two of us here, at the least, have bought it...though I already had before this vid...on account of curiosity after reading 'Dark Matter.'

100k on Youtube now, 2.8m on Facebook. Have written a piece about it for The Bookseller, should be published tomorrow.
Dudepete! You must/should be so stoked (chuffed)! Of course, you're going to tell us nice Litopians how the trick was done with/without major lawsuits, right? RIGHT? We're wai-ting...;)

Shared all over the show, and an extra shock came with it; sad news of the early death of another 'super-agent' Carole Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consider yourself privileged

A group of unpublished authors is called a ....

Back