A Very Different Book Video

Consider yourself privileged

A group of unpublished authors is called a ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you were wondering what I've been up to (you weren't, but I can delude myself)... here it is.

"Book videos don't work" is the standard mantra in conventional publishing circles. And it's partly true - they mostly get tiny viewer numbers, e.g. mega-star Tom Hiddleston reading - 6k views, Ian McEwan a microscopic 171 views, and so on.

Well, we set out to explode that particular myth. See what you think - and please - SHARE it!

That was awesome! As someone who has worked in advertisement and arts, this is superb! Well done! I love scaring and being scared btw.

I read it the other night.

Setting fascinating, story, horrible while painting -not preaching- a great moral. I recommend the read. Have shared it all over the show.

Which place would wild horses have the best chance of dragging me to? Kangchenjunga or Gruhuken?

Uhhhhhhh.

I had a telephone call recently, 8.30 on a Saturday evening. A lady almost in tears wanting me to help her.

'There's something in the house', she said. 'We're all in the sitting room, me, me partner and the kids. We daren't go the toilet. Can you come over and do something?'

I am not a medium, and I couldn't go over but of course, I did do something. The distress was very real.

It's very unsettling when you have an unexplained manifestation of that kind, even if it isn't threatening.

So what DO you do?

OMG - that's so funny! If they weren't actors, I would be interested to know how the guy who was pushed into a stack if books took it when he was let in on the prank. :p

I recognise one of the audience. He sits in on Matthew Wright's show some mornings so I'm guessing Peter's safe from being sued. It is an incredible effect though. Scare attractions would love to know how that was done, I bet, if they don't already. Merlin Entertainments/London Dungeon.

I used Tarot to provide an assessment of what was happening in her house, reassured her - I was able to based on what I saw - and made a few suggestions for how to calm things down.

Then I put her in touch with a medium. Interestingly, the medium picked up on the same thing that I did while adding her own unique insights which the lady recognised immediately, as correct.

Horses for courses with this one. No generic answer. Sometimes a haunting can just be ignored once you get used to it, just accepted as just a little oddity, almost part of the furniture. If someone is frightened or upset, whether or not something is haunting them, and in this case, there was, and it was a residue of a past grief, they may require a little support or reassurance, so they feel in control again. Fear begets fear that's for sure.

thanks, I've had to deal with this kind of weird stuff myself. I didn´t know you could use Tarot for that. That´s interesting. I am forever fascinated with ghosts and things that cannot be easily explained. My mother had premonitions and was able to see ghosts. She hated it all and tried to block it, but I always wanted to know more.

I really wouldn't like to see ghosts. I have heard things but I refuse to see them, except for seeing a little dog in a previous house but I didn't mind him one bit :) Later I learned Tarot, and it's a study for life, to find out if this type of sensitivity to environment could be trained or directed for anything verifiable, helpful or useful.

I really wouldn't like to see ghosts. I have heard things but I refuse to see them, except for seeing a little dog in a previous house but I didn't mind him one bit :) Later I learned Tarot, and it's a study for life, to find out if this type of sensitivity to environment could be trained or directed for anything verifiable, helpful or useful.

I´m sure it can and will be verifiable and useful in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consider yourself privileged

A group of unpublished authors is called a ....

Back