What are you writing?

Pitching Your Dark Materials on Twitter

News Cyber criminals attempt to pilfer manuscripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having lived a while provides an author with much experience to draw on. One of the best novels I read last year was by a debut author of the age of 61. Kim Zupan's The Ploughmen has stayed in my mind, being inspirational in writing scenes set in wild country, as well as conversations between an innocent protagonist and an evil antagonist—who nonetheless are friends.

Dang it, Paul, stop recommending fascinating-sounding novels, will ya? I'm already totally skint as it is...

Having lived a while provides an author with much experience to draw on. One of the best novels I read last year was by a debut author of the age of 61. Kim Zupan's The Ploughmen has stayed in my mind, being inspirational in writing scenes set in wild country, as well as conversations between an innocent protagonist and an evil antagonist—who nonetheless are friends.

Dang it, Paul, stop recommending fascinating-sounding novels, will ya? I'm already totally skint as it is...

Support your local library!

I'm writing my first novel rather late in life. I'm in my 50s!! yikes! It is a coming of age story, which follows the lives of a group of young working-class men growing up in an unnamed small coastal town in North County Dublin in the 70's and 80's. It is set against a background of enormous social and cultural change spearheaded by the arrival and growing influence of television, rock music and drugs.

Like you, I’m a late starter. I’ve just finished a novel called “The Painted Cave”, a murder mystery set at the dawn of Bronze Age Britain, another time of upheaval and change; and while I’m trying to decide who to submit it to, I’ve just started working on a new crime novel set in the present day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitching Your Dark Materials on Twitter

News Cyber criminals attempt to pilfer manuscripts

Back