O

Fanfare! The Octopus Returneth

C

new chap here

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Octopus Messiah

Why did nobody tell me this before (rhetorical-- I know you people;))?

They (the powers) copied THE ENTIRE OLD INTERNET and pasted it on:
The Internet Archive Way Back Machine!

If it doesn't come up on Google and you're pretty sure it exists: check it out. It's all there. For eternity. Barring zombies.

Srsly: I got to download audio files (originally on cassette, from a conference in '96) and paste them into a pre-existing obituary (for a personal hero, the late, great Terence McKenna: please do check it out!) They're a little bit scratchy (the 4th/last one is my favorite)... but they're there and they're awesomeballs!
terenceinterview.jpg

(you already knew this was a thing, didn't you? why am I always the last to know? again, rhetorical. hope this helps.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did nobody tell me this before (rhetorical-- I know you people;))?

They (the powers) copied THE ENTIRE OLD INTERNET and pasted it on:
The Internet Archive Way Back Machine!

If it doesn't come up on Google and you're pretty sure it exists: check it out. It's all there. For eternity. Barring zombies.

Srsly: I got to download audio files (originally on cassette, from a conference in '96) and paste them into a pre-existing obituary (for a personal hero, the late, great Terence McKenna: please do check it out!) They're a little bit scratchy (the 4th/last one is my favorite)... but they're there and they're awesomeballs!
View attachment 913

(you already knew this was a thing, didn't you? why am I always the last to know? again, rhetorical. hope this helps.)

Kind of scary ... lol

Yes. I've know about it for several years. It doesn't capture everything, however. :)
I kind of figured you did-- you big show off! Imagine how it is for the millenials though, when it DOES capture everything. Barring zombies.

I only discovered it recently when someone was offering to restore old sites using it. I then had a look and what do you know there were my old files captured! I thought they were gone for good. It is cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Fanfare! The Octopus Returneth

C

new chap here

Back