Two Writers’ Competitions (with me as a prize!)

Your thoughts, please

January Flash Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
I’ve just agreed to be one of the prizes in next year’s Aesthetica Magazine Writing Competition, which I’ve done for a number of years now. Details not announced yet, but I will post here when it’s open for entries.

Also, I’ve been asked by Green Stories, which is run by the University of Southampton’s Business School, to give mentoring to their prize winners. There are various categories, including interactive fiction and flash fiction (yay!) so if you’re interested, browse their website.

Alternatively, you can just hang around Litopia, where you probably already get more than enough PC :)

Peter Cox is a very common name. Back in my advertising days, I had a client called Peter Cox. It led to some hilarious situations, e.g. trying to get thru on the phone…

ME to switchboard: Can I speak to Peter Cox, please?
RECEPTIONIST: Who’s calling?
ME: Peter Cox
RECEPTIONIST: Yes I know who you want to speak to, but who’s calling?
ME: Peter Cox
RECEPTIONIST: Are you trying to be funny…?

And so on.

I actually belong to a club at the moment that has another Peter Cox as a member. I only found out a few days ago when the blighter booked a table for lunch and I got the bill. I am now know as “Peter Cox A”, which pleases me more than it should.

Purely by coincidence (I swear) a gold-digger floozie in my latest Cornish Detective story Kissing & Killing is named Perdita Cox. She prefers to be called Purr Cox, as she's in the habit of purring when flirting with elderly and wealthy businessmen. My detective comments that with a name like that, she sounds like she's escaped from a James Bond film!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your thoughts, please

January Flash Club

Back