Fanfare! Wonderful feedback sent personally

Link Alert! Twisted:50 Submission Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell into the deep pit that was anime for a long time. I managed to claw my way back out, taking love for only a few shows with me: FMAB, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop...
Same here. I was like holy crap how could I forget about Full Metal Alchemist?!
GitS, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, InuYasha, Please Teacher (DON'T JUDGE ME), Chobits, Full Metal Panic, Eureka 7, Bleach, Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Paranoia Agent...

Same here. I was like holy crap how could I forget about Full Metal Alchemist?!
GitS, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, InuYasha, Please Teacher (DON'T JUDGE ME), Chobits, Full Metal Panic, Eureka 7, Bleach, Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Paranoia Agent...

I won't judge you for Please Teacher if you won't judge me for Ouran Host Club (the dub was freaking hilarious...and the bloopers...my god...the bloopers...).

I won't judge you for Please Teacher if you won't judge me for Ouran Host Club (the dub was freaking hilarious...and the bloopers...my god...the bloopers...).
Ouran Host Club was a masterpiece damnit!

Cats are just dogs without the emotional attachement
My cat never got the memo, please tell him. He's everywhere I go!
2yAbWpD.jpg

Great idea!

1. Movies: The Russia House, Life of Brian, Blackadder Goes Forth
2. Music: R&B, jazz, anything sung by Ella Fitzgerald
3. TV shows - none. I don't have a TV right now anyway.
4. Places: Venice, London's theatreland, Cornwall
5. Foods: Steak Tartare, Chicken Jalfreizy, smoked salmon
6. Books (a whole series can count as one): Dance to the Music of Time, The Man who was Thursday, Mr Standfast.
7. Animals: Spaniels, most other dogs
8. Websites: BBC, Cricinfo, Litopia
9. Holidays/Times of year/Weather: Anything but rain
10. Video Games: never played one so no idea.
Mr. Standfast, of course, great book. That, Greenmantle and the 39 Steps - I read 'em over and over when I was a kid.

Mr. Standfast, of course, great book. That, Greenmantle and the 39 Steps - I read 'em over and over when I was a kid.
The last two in the Hannay quintet - The Three Hostages and The Island of Sheep - are also worth a read. Hannay and friends in a more peaceable middle age with strong psychological overtones but plenty of trademark Buchan action too.
The BBC we're going to broadcast a radio dramatisation of Greenmantle in about 2002 but decided to cut it at the last minute because of its subject matter so close to 9/11. Sad.

1. Movies
To Kill A Mockingbird
My Fair Lady
Grease

2. Music
Anything from the 1970s
Anything with pan pipes
Mozart

3. TV shows
The West Wing
Downtown Abbey
Game of Thrones

4. Places (these are places I've been, not places I want to visit)
New York City
Maine
Boston

5. Foods
Breakfast foods
Steamed veggies
Any kind of nut

6. Books
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Great Gatsby
Anna Karenina

7. Animals
Cats
Owls (close enough, right?)
Giraffes

8. Websites
I don't really have any favorite ones

9. Holidays/Times of year/Weather
Christmas
Halloween
Thanksgiving

10. Video Games
I don't play them anymore (sadly) but when I did, I loved Super Mario Brothers and any of the original Pokemon games

I feel like this is the exact opposite of a problem...
It's fine until he's deleting what I've written, sitting in front of the screen, pressing keys on my keyboard that make things happen on my screen and I don't know how to fix them and my absolute favourite: posting messages I haven't finished writing yet! I do love having him around all the time though. Apart from when I'm in the bathroom.
60596305.jpg

Not my cat, but you get the picture!

The best I have ever seen though is when one of my ferrets managed to screenshot my desktop and send a picture of it over Skype to someone. To this day I have no idea how she did it. I can't even do it that fast!

1. Movies
To Kill A Mockingbird
My Fair Lady
Grease

2. Music
Anything from the 1970s
Anything with pan pipes
Mozart

3. TV shows
The West Wing
Downtown Abbey
Game of Thrones

4. Places (these are places I've been, not places I want to visit)
New York City
Maine
Boston

5. Foods
Breakfast foods
Steamed veggies
Any kind of nut

6. Books
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Great Gatsby
Anna Karenina

7. Animals
Cats
Owls (close enough, right?)
Giraffes

8. Websites
I don't really have any favorite ones

Christmas
Halloween
Thanksgiving

10. Video Games
I don't play them anymore (sadly) but when I did, I loved Super Mario Brothers and any of the original Pokemon games
Isn't NYC awesome? I've been twice and fell in love with it!
Also, Chase claims owls are sky cats, so you're definitely on to something there. :)

Ok, I've finally checked in after the weekend's forced labour...
1. Movies: Music Man, LOTR, Pirates of Penzance
2. Music: (by artist/composer, not song): Great Big Sea, Aaron Copland, Mark O'Conner
3. TV: I haven't lived in a house with a TV since 1988, and have never owned one myself...
4. Places: Membrillo, Panama; Fiordland, New Zealand; and my garden, wherever it happens to be
5. Foods: tomatoes, cheese, and spinach, in whatever form they occur
6. Books: anything by Isabelle Allende, preferably in the original Spanish; A Christmas Carol (Dickens), because I've read it 30 times and it still makes me cry at the end; and James Herriot's All things Great and Small series.
7. Animals: jumping spiders, weevils, and felids of all types
8. Websites: NY Times, Litopia, NPR
9. Times of year: Christmas day (the only day of the year I take off from everything), any time of year when I'm tramping (backpacking), and February when the corn tassels and the kids go back to school.
10. Video games: I stopped playing these when Pac Man was the latest thing...

1. Movies

Millennium Trilogy (aka Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). Lisbeth Salander is my hero.

2. Music

Rasputina, The Doors, Bjork

3. TV shows

Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, meh (I don't have a TV, haven't watched TV since BSG went off the air)

Fun fact: I despise TV so much that I have a TV-B-Gon device, and when I'm in a public place where there's a TV, I turn it off. I can't *stand* television. I've never personally owned one; my parents got one when I was 13, and my roommate in college had one, which is how I saw BSG, but after those living situations ended I watched nothing. When my husband moved in with me, I said he could bring ONE of his TVs and that he had to put it in the man cave where I would not have to see or hear it. I have no idea how to operate the darn thing and live quite happily not knowing how. Nothing is uglier to me than the sight of one of those dread machines turned on and people staring at it. /end rant.

4. Places

New Orleans, the desert, any wooded area. I've never had the money to travel much, but I have been to NOLA and the desert and liked them both a lot. Had I my druthers I would go EVERYWHERE. Except maybe Antarctica.

5. Foods

Honestly not a food person, but generally vegetables, fish, and rice (I actually eat this almost every single night for dinner).

6. Books (a whole series can count as one)

Once and Future King, Watership Down, Mother Night (That's how I feel today, anyway. Ask me tomorrow and I'll give you three different ones.)

7. Animals

I love all animals. I have a penchant for cats, but other than that, if it's an animal, I'm a fan. For pets, right now I have two dogs and two cats. I'd love a bird, but don't have time to take care of one, and would also love pet mice, but with cats, that would be a bad idea.

8. Websites

Wikipedia . . . other than that and this site, I have no regular sites I visit. Honestly, I almost exclusively use the Internet for research purposes. I'm not awesome like that or anything, I just don't really have time for anything but work of some sort.

Duh, Halloween! Back before extreme weather, we got fall here where I live, but now we really don't. It's pretty much warm until one day it's cold. So I kinda prefer spring now, because I like to think of the world waking up.

10. Video Games

N to the O to the P to the E!

Oooh @Carol Rose, I also love Anna Karenina and The Great Gatsby. I consider TGG to be the Great American Novel. And I almost put AK as one of my favorites!

And of course Wuthering Heights, whoever put that one down . . . how did I not choose that . . . I'm crazy about Heathcliff.

Oooh @Carol Rose, I also love Anna Karenina and The Great Gatsby. I consider TGG to be the Great American Novel. And I almost put AK as one of my favorites!

And of course Wuthering Heights, whoever put that one down . . . how did I not choose that . . . I'm crazy about Heathcliff.

I love Steinbeck, there are so many great american novels we were expected to read in the UK when I was young, dont know if its still the case

Oh of course! *smacks forehead* How could I forget John????? I need more than three favorite choices for books. Can I dump the rest of them and just list books instead?? :D

Yes, that would be easier

The God Of Small Things - Arundhati Roy - I fell in love with this book 5 years ago, I don't want to read anything else by Her, just in case I start judging it against this??? does that make sense

Isn't NYC awesome? I've been twice and fell in love with it!

Yes, I ADORE NYC!! I'd live there in a heartbeat if I could afford it. :)

New York is the one place I never thought to travel to in fact the US is so vast I wouldn't know where to start. Although NY sounds like a good starting point now that it's on my recommended radar. I have gotten as close to seeing the US border across the cascading beauty of Niagra Falls.

New York is the one place I never thought to travel to in fact the US is so vast I wouldn't know where to start. Although NY sounds like a good starting point now that it's on my recommended radar. I have gotten as close to seeing the US border across the cascading beauty of Niagra Falls.
I've never been off this continent. :( One day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfare! Wonderful feedback sent personally

Link Alert! Twisted:50 Submission Opportunity

Back