Fanfare! too big for a status post, but i hit euphoria today.

Question: Web site builders

News Blue Pencil Agency pitch contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke

Basic
Mar 3, 2023
Georgia
so.
a pep rally at school today-- i was excited since i've never been to one (and crowded scenes where i can scream and shout to my heart's content are the BEST) but i didn't really expect to leave the stands.
a random grouping of kids were selected to play some games on the gym floor while the rest of the school (at least a thousand or so) watched. lucky me, i got to play musical chairs.
20 or so kids in the center of the brand new gym floor, hearts racing more than they should at the tiny chance of temporary high school glory.
and... i got second place.
second place!
maybe i lost, sure. but i also am officially the second-best musical chairs player in the whole school... and even though musical chairs is far from an extreme olympic sport, well... it was fun to have my little moment in the spotlight.
right before the last round where i lost, i started chanting my name, just for fun. and a friend of mine who was already out started chanting with me, and then some of the student commentators.
and then, for just thirty or so, seconds, i stood in the middle of the gym pumping my fist while the entire school -- students, teachers, and staff -- chanted my name, over and over: "brooke! brooke! brooke! brooke!"
i had to just stand still for a bit and soak it in-- the memory is still fresh in my mind.
and sure, i lost right after that (i fell right on my butt). but i think i won, at my own game.
because i went up and i did that for myself. i asked the person handing out tickets to give me one, and i ran down and played, and i played as well as i could, and i started the chanting. i just kind of decided that i wanted the school to cheer my name, over and over, and they did.
wow.

so.
a pep rally at school today-- i was excited since i've never been to one (and crowded scenes where i can scream and shout to my heart's content are the BEST) but i didn't really expect to leave the stands.
a random grouping of kids were selected to play some games on the gym floor while the rest of the school (at least a thousand or so) watched. lucky me, i got to play musical chairs.
20 or so kids in the center of the brand new gym floor, hearts racing more than they should at the tiny chance of temporary high school glory.
and... i got second place.
second place!
maybe i lost, sure. but i also am officially the second-best musical chairs player in the whole school... and even though musical chairs is far from an extreme olympic sport, well... it was fun to have my little moment in the spotlight.
right before the last round where i lost, i started chanting my name, just for fun. and a friend of mine who was already out started chanting with me, and then some of the student commentators.
and then, for just thirty or so, seconds, i stood in the middle of the gym pumping my fist while the entire school -- students, teachers, and staff -- chanted my name, over and over: "brooke! brooke! brooke! brooke!"
i had to just stand still for a bit and soak it in-- the memory is still fresh in my mind.
and sure, i lost right after that (i fell right on my butt). but i think i won, at my own game.
because i went up and i did that for myself. i asked the person handing out tickets to give me one, and i ran down and played, and i played as well as i could, and i started the chanting. i just kind of decided that i wanted the school to cheer my name, over and over, and they did.
wow.
Sounds like a scene from a movie! I felt your adrenaline ready this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question: Web site builders

News Blue Pencil Agency pitch contest

Back