Important! Your Opinion Is Needed To Help Shape The Future Of The Colony

That awful place called TikTok

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerJules

Uva uvam vivendo varia fit "Character is Destiny"
Aug 3, 2021
United States
I am re-reading Connie Willis' To Say Nothing of the Dog, with great delight. She has a long and brilliant career in the Science Fiction world including: The Doomsday Book, Bellwether, All Clear, plus many others and numerous short stories.

June 27 marks the release of her latest: The Road to Roswell. This timing is serendipitous for her, in that the U.S. news is rife with reports of Whistleblowers and classified files being released. This morning, Gref(Sp?) is going on record to report that the government has specimens recovered from alien craft.

Start anywhere with her work: time travel to Middle Ages and the Black Plague or back to war time England (Coventry Cathedral bombing in TSNOTDog) or her stories which are brilliant and funny. The Dog makes reference to Jerome K. Jerome's Three Men in a Boat: to Say Nothing of the Dog published 1889 which is still fresh and enjoyable today.

Great time to be a reader. Check out The Road to Roswell later this month.

Last edited:
You folks have ancient signs, symbols, no doubt Warminster will be eye-opening.

And I am humbly reminded of 1940 horror and lifted up by Connie’s research and quirky, brilliant writing. She ties the strands together so deftly. (Referring to TSNOTDog) Which led me online to…

“Lay your threads of history and build the city” (Coventry Cathedral) from Where Light Falls—this touches my spirit so deeply

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Important! Your Opinion Is Needed To Help Shape The Future Of The Colony

That awful place called TikTok

Back