Your Favourite Book Cover Designs

Beta Readers Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol Rose

Basic
Sep 13, 2014
Indiana, USA

We need some positivity on here today!!! So tell me something good, like Chaka Khan sang all those years ago…

Anything at all! Even if it's not writing related. Maybe we can keep this going without any negativity infiltrating it?

I'll start:

I had a wonderful week taking a class for my real job. It was in Dupont, Washington, about an hour south of Seattle. I'd been to the area only once before, and this time had a chance to get out with some work friends and explore a bit. Absolutely breathtaking, and this trip was much more relaxed than the last one I took out there. Traveling is always a challenge, but especially across the country like that when you have to be there in one day.

Okay … NEXT … tell me something good:D

Last week, I got a personalized rejection letter, which I'm taking purely as a good thing. She said my story was strong, just not for her. Whoop! :)

PLUS - I had the time to read 150 pages of a book for fun yesterday! That happens too rarely these days :)
That's great! I always wish I had more time to read, too. Here's to hoping the next submission is a YES! :)

Just spent a lovely day fishing on the River Bann near Portglenone - Rainbow trout for dinner, asparagus and garlic sauté potatoes... anyone fancy a plate? I am cooking for two tonight but us Irish always put an extra name or two in the pot. Nice chardonnay chilling in the fridge too.

Just spent a lovely day fishing on the River Bann near Portglenone - Rainbow trout for dinner, asparagus and garlic sauté potatoes... anyone fancy a plate? I am cooking for two tonight but us Irish always put an extra name or two in the pot. Nice chardonnay chilling in the fridge too.
That sounds fabulous, Damian! :)

That sounds delicious! Shame it would take a ridiculous amount of customs forms and 2 weeks to get to me!

My writing activities have been transformed by purchasing a replacement keyboard for my ancient laptop. I didn't realise how easy they were to replace, until I found a video showing how to do so on YouTube. For £11 I got a brand new keyboard on eBay, which took three minutes to install. I've put up with sticking keys, that typed double letters or not at all, for the last year - thinking I'd have to dismantle the whole laptop to remove the keyboard. I now have accurate and springy keys to dance my fingers on.
I am a colossal idiot, missing the obvious and concentrating on complicated fears.
From now on, I'm going to be a simpleton - they have a happier life!

I had a good nights sleep, woke up happy and refreshed. Went for my jog up and down stairs, which revved up my motor for the day. Had a pork stir fry and spicy rice for dinner and now I'm waiting on a friend to come over after work. All in all, it's been a good day :)

My writing activities have been transformed by purchasing a replacement keyboard for my ancient laptop. I didn't realise how easy they were to replace, until I found a video showing how to do so on YouTube. For £11 I got a brand new keyboard on eBay, which took three minutes to install. I've put up with sticking keys, that typed double letters or not at all, for the last year - thinking I'd have to dismantle the whole laptop to remove the keyboard. I now have accurate and springy keys to dance my fingers on.
I am a colossal idiot, missing the obvious and concentrating on complicated fears.
From now on, I'm going to be a simpleton - they have a happier life!
Oh that's good to know! I would have taken it to Apple and paid them to fix it. Thanks! :)

Hubby and I took kids cycling to Reculver Castle along the sea front for 6 miles there and back.

I submitted to 10 new agents last week making it 11 now.

Today I went and researched the Tudor period where my next protaganist is going to be based and bought the whole works of Sherlock Holmes and memoirs for 7 quid. That's got to be good. :D

Hubby and I took kids cycling to Reculver Castle along the sea front for 6 miles there and back.

I submitted to 10 new agents last week making it 11 now.

Today I went and researched the Tudor period where my next protaganist is going to be based and bought the whole works of Sherlock Holmes and memoirs for 7 quid. That's got to be good. :D
What an interesting period to research! :)

We just got back from taking our 2-month old on her first trip to the library. I picked up a Steven King and a couple of Dean Koontz. The baby is more of a Milton fan.

Also, we were able to budget for some treatments for the flea infestations that have been giving our kitties problems lately.
LOL! A Milton fan - love it! :) And I hope the fleas are gone for your kitties. Tis the season for that in our house, too. :)

My assessor managed to send me the remainder of her general comments on my manuscript from somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean where she and her family have been sailing for the past few months--it came just at the right time for me, and was very encouraging and hugely helpful!

And on a more personal note, my daughter and I have just leaped two big hurdles to getting her out of the toxic school situation she is in, and hopefully, ultimately to cure her growing anorexia, which is a result of school stress. One more big hurdle to go, and she'll be set for the rest of this year and the next, and hopefully I'll get my beautiful, incredible daughter back.

It really is very easy to do - have a look at this video :
I've never heard that phrase before - put an extra name or two in the pot. I like it, and have been using the Irish way of describing rain for some years, which is a lovely soft day.

My assessor managed to send me the remainder of her general comments on my manuscript from somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean where she and her family have been sailing for the past few months--it came just at the right time for me, and was very encouraging and hugely helpful!

And on a more personal note, my daughter and I have just leaped two big hurdles to getting her out of the toxic school situation she is in, and hopefully, ultimately to cure her growing anorexia, which is a result of school stress. One more big hurdle to go, and she'll be set for the rest of this year and the next, and hopefully I'll get my beautiful, incredible daughter back.
Sending up prayers for you daughter.

Schools are zoos, Robinne, some friendlier and fonder of learning than others. So sorry for your worry. I lifted one of my daughters out of one, learning she was retreating to loo cubicles for a bit of peace and quiet at lunch breaks. I did it suddenly, deliberately so, and never regretted it. Anyway, a girl can't win on that score except by liking herself and flicking the vee at the haters. Slender girls get no end of rubbish about the size of their ......

(Deciding to like yourself is GOOD for everyone :) and even better, annoys haters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Favourite Book Cover Designs

Beta Readers Question

Back