Tell Me Something GOOD

Your Favourite Book Cover Designs

Beta Readers Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schools are zoos, Robinne, some friendlier and fonder of learning than others. So sorry for your worry. I lifted one of my daughters out of one, learning she was retreating to loo cubicles for a bit of peace and quiet at lunch breaks. I did it suddenly, deliberately so, and never regretted it. Anyway, a girl can't win on that score except by liking herself and flicking the vee at the haters. Slender girls get no end of rubbish about the size of their ......

(Deciding to like yourself is GOOD for everyone :) and even better, annoys haters)

Oddly enough, it has nothing to do with other kids. Has everything to do with a school that was destroyed physically by earthquakes a few years ago, and then was merged with another school, and forced to work from two separate campuses while they build a new permanent school, and is experimenting with a different class structure for the first time this year...not even the teachers know what the hell is going on, and my daughter is one of those kids who HATES not knowing what she should be doing. When the adults around her can't tell her, or give her contradictory information it freaks her out. Indeed, it's only the presence of a good friend that's kept her at the school this year.

That's a tough one. Uncertainty will always be there to be reckoned with and no guarantees. Some people do find that tough. I'm glad it's not other kids, though.

We have a badger who visits our garden every night. Last week, my son finally got him hand-feeding -- peanuts and apple cores. So sweet.
I need to echo Robinne on this, badgers really are cool! We used to have one come to our garden, I named him Sergeant Pepper. That dude was freakin' huge! Never thought I'd be able to hand feed him, that must have been awesome!

Great, I think okay now for my something good..."Gotham has come to Netflix!" Well, that is a pretty good thing for me! :p I'm able to go back and start working on KDD properly soon, that's good! I found my ferret's stash and recovered a moisturiser I previously believed had been sacrificed to the gods of Neverwhere.

I guarantee there will be something really good that has happened in the last day and I can't remember because I have my brain on backwards today. :D

Edit: Jebus! My brother got his scholarship and can now study for his PhD! <--- GOOD! Very good! Haha. Bitta brain straightening and it's all a charm!

I need to echo Robinne on this, badgers really are cool! We used to have one come to our garden, I named him Sergeant Pepper. That dude was freakin' huge! Never thought I'd be able to hand feed him, that must have been awesome!

Edit: Jebus! My brother got his scholarship and can now study for his PhD! <--- GOOD! Very good! Haha. Bitta brain straightening and it's all a charm!

What's the PhD on? I went down the PhD / post-doc route, so I'm just interested.

This morning the forum banner shifted to wish me a happy birthday. I thought that was nice.

We've also had a relaxing and productive week, both celebrating and getting some shopping and errands done. This evening we're resting before heading to a family reunion tomorrow. Lots of folks will meet the baby there. :)
I hope you had nice birthday, Lex! Enjoy the reunion. :)

This morning the forum banner shifted to wish me a happy birthday. I thought that was nice.

We've also had a relaxing and productive week, both celebrating and getting some shopping and errands done. This evening we're resting before heading to a family reunion tomorrow. Lots of folks will meet the baby there. :)
And don't forget, loads of people wished you happy birthday via the status bar - easy to miss. Hope the reunion goes well, and baby behaves - your first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Favourite Book Cover Designs

Beta Readers Question

Back