Super quick rejections

Opportunities for writers in Jan - Feb 2016

Pets who "help" us write

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just received two rejections in two days, no more than a week after electronic submission.

Is that an indication of a very poor submission package, or efficient literary agencies?
I would conclude the latter.

And lucky you can turn around and submit to the next agent in the agency so soon (if they do not specify that they share submissions and no need to query more than one).

I once had a ninety-minute rejection many years ago. I submitted via e-mail to an agent I had in my Twitter feed. About an hour later, I noticed she started tweeting about being at the Laundromat and skimming through submissions while she did her washing. Within half an hour, I had a rejection e-mail.

Shortly thereafter, I found this place called Litopia, and actually learned how to write well... ;)

For science fiction, I've had rejections trickling back over the past few months. Apparently, most agents that read sci fi/fantasy get so many submissions that you can expect a delay in response. Personally, I'd prefer quicker rejections because I'm one of those people that hates having stuff hanging over my head.
Keep a Word doc with all the agents to whom you've submitted, when, and when each submission will "expire." Then you know which ones to hold your breath on, and which to let go, or submit to the next agent. There are also web pages that help you manage them as well, I believe.

Keep a Word doc with all the agents to whom you've submitted, when, and when each submission will "expire." Then you know which ones to hold your breath on, and which to let go, or submit to the next agent. There are also web pages that help you manage them as well, I believe.
Yep, I use a super excel spreadsheet to manage mine. It makes me feel better because I can distract myself from rejections with data :D

I used Querytracker for nearly a year and found it useful, but since I entered the world of self-marketing, I' not active on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opportunities for writers in Jan - Feb 2016

Pets who "help" us write

Back