Fanfare! Submission Gong

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly how did this Gong post get to six pages? No, perhaps no news (or answers) to that question would be better. I'm crazy enough as it is GONG!

Hey, Karen. Litopia is quiet, today.
It seems to be friday to sunday. Quite often I find that's when I catch up on everything because no one else is around. Been busy busy myself with the photography diploma I'm doing and getting into book 4, the website and taking another pass over book 2 now that it's been a wee while.

Yeah — Twitter's following's up to 768 — that has occupied every bit of the last week. Maybe two more days of geometric increase, and I'll have the numbers I need, and can let it coast from there. Then I can get back to reading! I've been too long away from CoBaS.

Yeah — Twitter's following's up to 768 — that has occupied every bit of the last week. Maybe two more days of geometric increase, and I'll have the numbers I need, and can let it coast from there. Then I can get back to reading! I've been too long away from CoBaS.
I actually am itching to hear your feedback on book 2. Lol Did you get the email I sent?

Everything's on the go @ karen's house! Keep up the good work, treat yourself to a cuppa, you earned it :)
It is :) Have been sitting editing pictures of leaves and such tonight lol!
11168919_401867319997576_6772956934040729456_n.jpg

Beautiful. Nice work!
Thanks :) I love the Japanese maple. One of my very favourite trees, - because of the colour :)

I've pretty much finished all the theory so now I'll be putting it into practice :) my friend has been booked as the official photographer at a show on the 22nd so I'll be going along as her second camera to shoot the show jumping :) can't wait :)

Woo hoo! Congrats :) best of luck
Keeping myself occupied while I wait for word from Fantasy Works Publishing.

I had been wholly concerned with paperback publishing, but I realized that it doesn't cost any more to publish a 600-page ebook than a 200-page one; the length of my book is not a liability to a digital publisher. That might be my saving grace...

5 more queries out (2 expired over the weekend, so I had just 1 left out there). Prayers/good thoughts would be appreciated. The 5 I sent tonight and the 5 I'll send tomorrow are to some of my top dream agents! *fingers, toes, and eyes crossed*

Good luck! Out of interest...how many weeks do you wait before you consider it 'expired'?

Made my second submission just now. Hooray! Decided to be a multiple submitter. That's sounds wrong, just wrong.o_O

I don't know how you guys manage to submit so many queries - it takes me ages preparing a submission pack for just one agent. And even then I made a bundle error when I accidentally pressed submit to an empty email! :confused: Never will I write the recipient's address until the email is completely ready for the submit button.

Now for some coffee and breakfast in the park.

Or may be one more agent...hmm...which one? I have 10 listed.

Most agents say how long they take to respond to queries. If that time passes, and they don't say to follow up, then it has expired.

I've dated my submissions too to help me with this 'expiry' concept.

First one took just under 4 weeks to respond back. Plus they had a competition deadline that's forced them to close for submissions. So fingers crossed with that one.

Best of luck to you all, submitting can take a lot of time and energy. Keep your chins up, guys, it just might happen!

3? I think that was almost, the sum total of agents that looked at 'Fantasy' for the whole of Australia. That was 3 years ago.... o_O

One more submission completed. Just one..this whole day! one. But thanks to @Jennifer Stone synopsis thread I've confined mine down to 2 pages, just. Spent a couple of hours doing that.

Hmm....sometimes I feel like this site is a motivational log diary to keep ourselves in check. Keep on keeping on ;)

Tally: 4 agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Back