Submisions open for Twenty7 Books

Why Facebook Cannot Help You Sell Books

K

Fanfare! Books released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the notice, I'll try this one as well :) Do you have any good tips or links to articles on writing a one page pitch?

This is all it says on the website: "All you need to do is send a one page pitch and the first 5,000 words of the novel to hello@twenty7books.com, with the subject line ‘OPEN SUBMISSIONS: BOOKTITLE by YOUR NAME’."

That usually means a query (at least in the US). I have done a lot of research on queries in the process of writing my own. Here's a blog post I wrote combining all the stuff I learned. I don't believe queries change much between the US and UK, but you may want to do a little research on that.

And here are a few resources I found very handy:

It is a little tricky, but you only have to do it once ;) You can scan through our threads (mostly in the back room) as we've critiqued each other's queries in the past. There may be more things you can learn from seeing how we actually put them together :)

It is a little tricky, but you only have to do it once ;) You can scan through our threads (mostly in the back room) as we've critiqued each other's queries in the past. There may be more things you can learn from seeing how we actually put them together :)
Tell it, Teach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why Facebook Cannot Help You Sell Books

K

Fanfare! Books released!

Back