Stumbled here after falling down a Googlehole

M

Twenty-two Rules to Perfect Storytelling

M

Help! Odd Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the staccato, frame-jumping style of shifting perspective. .

Thank you for your comments. It's appreciated. I'm not sure about the jumping about, to be honest. I think it might put potential readers off. I'm giving some thought to putting all the back story into chapter three.

Thank you for your comments. It's appreciated. I'm not sure about the jumping about, to be honest. I think it might put potential readers off. I'm giving some thought to putting all the back story into chapter three.

Honestly, I think it works well as it is — it stands on it's own, generates energy and momentum. But what harm was there ever in tinkering, and setting the two versions side-by-side for comparison?

I liked The Fountain. It was all just him, in the end. He was the conquistaodor, he was the space traveller, but the pain of a last goodbye, is everybody's. The magical's a way of coping. Had me in bits.

I liked The Fountain. It was all just him, in the end. He was the conquistaodor, he was the space traveller, but the pain of a last goodbye, is everybody's. The magical's a way of coping. Had me in bits.
I watched that movie every night, for a while, to get through a really bad time. That and Fight Club. I defy anyone not to cry, watching that movie, no matter how many times they've seen it — the former, that is. Not the latter.

Welcome from another fantasy weaver.
Book sounds terrific. Let us know how it rolls- you certainly have sparked some interest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Twenty-two Rules to Perfect Storytelling

M

Help! Odd Request

Back