Stars of Royal Beauty Bright.

K

Free Book

Agent handling 'sophisticated' MG and YA Writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2. Without a doubt either of them will set me on Christmas fire ;)
Stop the Cavelry by Jona Lewie and the Home Alone version of Carol of the Bells because my GSD sings to it... am yes, it's Christmas when Holly sings haha

I'm a sucker for A Christmas Carol. My mom used to read it to me every year as a little un, so I guess it kind of stuck. Good to see a recommendation though, so thanks, @Katie-Ellen Hazeldine!

As for Christmas music, I'm a real romantic this time of year and nothing says there's love in the air like calling your partner a scumbag... and other such things that I'd probably get banned for repeating! :p

Ah, yes, SCUMBAGS and old sluts on junk.

Love it.

POETREEE

You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last

But the last verse gets me, it somehow manages to be so moving...

I could have been someone
Well so could anyone
You took my dreams from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you

Last edited:
Then there's this beautiful, tragic one, our oldest known surviving carol in English. This was the song I had to sing at skoool in a first solo singing performance.
The massacre of the Inncocents as per the Shearmen of Coventry's annual mystery play.
Get the party started, yay.
Sung by a man which is more historically accurate.

Movie wise for me it is Scrooged and a muppets' Christmas Carol

Music wise I have never really listened to much, however this year it's singing hands 'It's a Christmas Cracker' as we are teaching my little man to sign. Believe or not thanks to this and sing and sign at 21 months he has actually read me a book in sign. It was where's Spot and he did either one or two signs on each page. I am so proud of the little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Free Book

Agent handling 'sophisticated' MG and YA Writing...

Back