Short story looking for readers

Should your literery agent be based in the same nation as yourself?

Fan Letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanapuma

Basic
Feb 18, 2018
Dublin
I am still finding my way round here so not sure what exactly is on offer and where to go to get it. I have a short story ... for which I have received 4 rejections, the last one on Monday just after I also failed to get a job I was interviewed for on Thursday. I'm sort of over it now but ... :confused: Anyway as I was saying ... I wrote this story on an MA course 2 years ago .. it was my first ever piece of fiction ... and I got an A for it in class. I think its not bad and I know rejection means nothing really in the grand scheme of things .. its all down to the personal taste of the judge ... but :confused: By the way I've never had anything published before and I'm fairly new to writing (5 years maybe) but I'm very serious about it.
Anyway I'm looking for readers to give me feedback on it ... I'm definitely NOT looking for people to cheer me up or anything ... just some honest feedback of what you think of it and whether it works ... its a bit post modern and is riffing on books I would have read growing up ... a lot of pulp, boys adventure stories, those Pan books of horror stories from the 70s with the shock endings etc
Thanking you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should your literery agent be based in the same nation as yourself?

Fan Letters

Back